• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Blow A Bva Hearing

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Well

I figured I owed you all an explantion on how I blew my BVA hearing

I blew it by listeing to my rep. He told me without cancer the best I could get was 10 percent. He wanted me to drop the claim this was after a 268 mile one way trip. He said I would do better asking for an increase for my sinuitius rated at 0 percent my back rated at 10 percent and my tension headaches in my back secoundaery to back pain. I was so hurt and disapointed I listened to them and drop my BVA traveling board hearing scheduled for that day. I figured I owed you all an reason on what happened. I was told if I got cancer I could reopen. When I got home I realised the fix was in. The BVA wanted me to drop the claim. I caved in.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jim,

Tough subject line, sorry you got played.

Did you just withdraw the request for the hearing or withdraw the appeal? If the appeal is still active depending on the evidence of record you could still prevail.

Best regards,

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

My VSO wanted me to drop my IU claim. He was from the DAV and was just a jerk. I could not afford to drop it. I was without funds.

Jim - sorry this happened to you. If a veteran waits on a BVA hearing and the SO hounds him/her with this "you should drop it" stuff seconds prior to the conduct of the hearing they should be shot and then burned hanging from a meat hook. If this ever happens the veteran should tell the SO "hey, I might have to let you sit in with me during this thing but if you even appear to be breating much less attempting to speak, I will kill you on the spot". Tape their mouth and even if you have to just sit there and stare at the BVA hearing officer muttering huh? DO IT. IF YOU WAIT THIS LONG, TRAVEL SUCH DISTANCES AND LIVE THROUGH THE AGONY THE VA PUTS ONE THROUGH, THEN MAKE SURE YOU FORCE THEM TO SIT THROUGH THE DAMN HEARING.

Not screaming at you Jim just trying to make a point based upon your terrible learning experience. Once again sorry this SOB did this to you.

Yeah man, sorry this happened also.

That rep is a coward and I can only say hopefully one day he will get his just due.

Hang in there and go back and file again, use this energy from being upset to light a new fire and regain the passion to kick their a%s this time.

Good luck.

Donewsome

• In Memoriam

I would request reconsideration and represent yourself. DAV, was helpful in getting my claims denied for 35 years consistently. I won with Hadit's help.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity