Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Berta,

Almost forgot. Me & my Shrink have me at a GAF Scale of 25 the last time I asked him. Would it be better if I asked him to make it lower or what do I do?

Thank You.

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My GAF is presently 22. I just won my appeal and they rated me 70% for depression. My C&P was 42 (highest I ever received). The highest my doctor has ever rated me is 35 or 37. This was my second appeal the first appeal I received 50% then I appealed again and got 70%. It just depends on the rater and/or judge if they put weight on a GAF score or not. Doctor notes and opinions are regarded much more than GAF scores. My opinion only. But, that doesn't mean much. Look at my GAF! LOL B) VICKY

• HadIt.com Elder

sweet

Did you get TDIU with your 70% rating? If you are not working you should have gotten TDIU. I got it with a 70% rating. By that time I was already approved for SSD.

sweet

Did you get TDIU with your 70% rating? If you are not working you should have gotten TDIU. I got it with a 70% rating. By that time I was already approved for SSD.

John999 or anyone else, can you be found IU without specifically applying or asking for it? I filed my first claim for PTSD in Sept. '07. I had a C&P for PTSD in very early February and the exam results read like the psych doctor thinks my condition is pretty bad. Had a GAF of 45. He even wrote "the veteran has lost the ability to work". I haven't worked in 3 years. I have applied for SSDI through Allsup. They seem to think I have a good case based on my C&P exam.

80% SC, 100% TDIU

sweet

No TDIU. I'm presently waiting on my letter. I just got my letter from BV on Mar 5th. I'm waiting to see it because I should be 100% combined with my other ratings. Vicky

• HadIt.com Elder

Bozoc

I think that finding from your doctor is an inferred claim for IU. You should have been considered for IU based on that medical history. The VA fails in its duty when it does not adjudicate an IU claim when it has evidence that a vet is unable to work due to SC condition. Not withstanding, I would file an official form for IU using the C&P for evidence. If there is anything else in your VA records that says you are unable to work due to your SC condition that is an inferred claim for IU and should be your effective date of claim. The VA will probably fight you on it, but that is the definition of an inferred claim for IU.

Thank you John999. I appreciate the info and your expertise. I think I am close to receiving a decision. If it is less than IU I will either file for IU or file an NOD based on the doctor's statements. Thanks again.

80% SC, 100% TDIU