VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation And Pension Exam.

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello all hope all is well. I have gone for two C+P exams one in November for my service connected injuries and today for secondary conditions.Both times that i have gone for these C+P exams the examining physician upon my request to review these records said they are not available.By Rules and Regulation of the Veterans Administration should this be accessable for this compension and exam as a reference for the physician.When i requested to see them he first said ok then he said they are not available after the exam and again i have provided them with the necessary documents to show this such as MRI reports and so forth. My Questiuon is this against the Law.When i got home i typed up a letter to my POC at the VARO whom is processing my claim to let him know my concerns.I also contacted General Counsel in Reference to this but my contact was on his way out the door to go to court.PLease help . And Thank You. I also helped an Vietnam Veteran today whom has AO told him about this site i am spreading the word . This is a great site and the people are wonderful and helpful.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VAMC where you got the C&P exam should have these reports on record. You have to go to the department that handles records requests and sign a request for information. I don't know why this quack would tell you that your C&P exam report is not available to you. It takes a few weeks for them to write up the report after you go for the exam, but you are entitled to a copy.

Are you asking him to let you review the C&P exam records from the exam?

Or are you asking about other records?

If you are asking about the C&P records, sometimes they are not available immediatly, you can request them from the VAMC that in incharge of the C&P clinic. Sometimes the examiner needs a supervisor to sign of on the exams before they are considered final, and that may be why they are not avaialable immediatly. No, it is not against if they do not make them available to you right there. They can require you to fill out a release form and they can even require that your records be mailed to you as sometimes the records have such types of information that a supervisor must sign off on the release.

If you are asking about seeing your VAMC Recs or C-File, not they are not required to have access to them to complete a C&P exam. There are many times when a C-File or SMR's are not available to the examiner. It is not against the law.

It might have been a misunderstanding on the examiners part as to what you were requesting or he could be a "ride the short bus to school" type of doctor or he might just be a butthead.

Do not be discouraged.

Edited by donews

Thank you all for you replies.Actually i was asking the C+P examiner to review medical records so i can see what documentation they have on record .I was informed by my POC at VARO that the SMR and VAMC records would be available for review but as usual this is not the case again no records at all.I did not even see what was on computer since they are changing or have from a paperless record .I did supply him with SMR and current medical information to show all issues.And with his permission i did record this C+P exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mcafee, you recorded this exam, you request the C&P examiner to review or present you with you SMR or Cfile medical records so you could see what documentation they have on record? Awesome! Myself, I have much difficulty seeing any data on a computer screen designed for one user, even if the doc turns it to show me.

My husband and I have her or his preferences for computer video screens (driver seats too!).

Now, I can hardly wait to see my cp exams, but have to wait for now.

Best to ya, you set the bar high on C&P patient expectations and I like that!

CG

Thank you all for you replies.Actually i was asking the C+P examiner to review medical records so i can see what documentation they have on record .I was informed by my POC at VARO that the SMR and VAMC records would be available for review but as usual this is not the case again no records at all.I did not even see what was on computer since they are changing or have from a paperless record .I did supply him with SMR and current medical information to show all issues.And with his permission i did record this C+P exam.
Edited by cowgirl

Hello all and Thank You again for your replies.Yes Luvhim and Cowgirl I asked him or advised him for quality assurance this may be monitored and or recorded he said it was ok and we proceeded with the exam.However afterwards he sad this was not suppose to happen .But the reason i did this if there are any discrepencies the recording does not lie.Also was recorded when i asked him if i could review SMR and VAMC Medical Records as well he said sure and then changed his story and said they are not available. So now i have to wait for the results of this C+P exam in addition to a previous exam that VARO has not rated as of yet that C+P exam was in November 2007.still waiting. Thank you all again.