VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Uncle Sam Gave Me New Toys

Rate this topic

souldeliverer

Last week I had an appointment with speech pathology at my local VA. I am getting all the screening for TBI. I suffer from memory problems and the VA sent me for some tests. Much to my surprise, when my lengthy appointment was over, the nice lady offered and gave me a Palm Tungsten E2, and a Garmin GPS for my truck!!!

I suspect if you suffer from memory problems as I do, you should be able to get these as well.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

that is wonderful news, i have a bad time with memory also bought an iphone and loved it set it up to remind me to do everything. though i dropped it in water and now it is a paper weight :blink: i am saving up to get another one. i used it like crazy, my email synch to it and calendar aslo. it was great. i did get a gps for my car and his helped cut down the panic when i drive. i hope you have great luck with both your new toys, i think they are really excellent tools.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wasn't the palm part of the government credit card purchase debacle?

Last week I had an appointment with speech pathology at my local VA. I am getting all the screening for TBI. I suffer from memory problems and the VA sent me for some tests. Much to my surprise, when my lengthy appointment was over, the nice lady offered and gave me a Palm Tungsten E2, and a Garmin GPS for my truck!!!

I suspect if you suffer from memory problems as I do, you should be able to get these as well.

I have no idea how the VA paid for these. They aren't going to ask for them back, are they (if it was part of the government credit card purchase debacle)?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use