Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Internet Searches

evandc

• HadIt.com Elder

I have Yahoo as my opening page. I do searches there & sometime other places. Now when I search, the results come up as normal. But then when I select one of the items, my computer jumps to another screen. Sometime MonsterMarketplace or Info.com. It's driving me crazy & that's a short trip for me. What do I do?

Thanks,

Don

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Use Google. Yahoo Search sucks

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I have Yahoo as my opening page. I do searches there & sometime other places. Now when I search, the results come up as normal. But then when I select one of the items, my computer jumps to another screen. Sometime MonsterMarketplace or Info.com. It's driving me crazy & that's a short trip for me. What do I do?

Thanks,

Don

Hello Don,

I recommend switching to Firefox rather than MicroSoft Internet Explorer. I've been using it for about eight years and prefer it over MS IE. In addition to being a better browser, there are far less viruses developed for it since it is not a package with most computers. The site for a free copy is: Free Firefox

I also recommend, as have others, to use Google. It is much more efficient.

Ron

Don,

It does sound like your browser has been hijack. If you can search the internet for a site called "HiJackThis" These people have excellent tools to help you remove malware and spyware. You do have to know a little something about computers though. Also, another hint. If you are running IE7--After you remove your malware/spyware IE7 will need to be reset (I think that's what Microsoft calls it)anyway, if you go to Microsoft's website they will explain how to do this. It's a very simple process.

Good luck.

Teresa

• In Memoriam

Dump you cookies.

• go to tools
  • go to internet options
  • click on the delete by browsing history
  • go down to the bottom by passwords click on delete all (wait a few seconds)

This will also eliminate all of your passwords, so keep them read to re-enter on the sites that you go to. You can use spybot search and destroy to get rid of any kind of spyware.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

I recommend this program as it is free and works well.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity