VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know Anything About Flat Feet

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

going to surgical evaluation in a month for flat feet. Im also getting ready to file a va claim for it. I know its not rocket science when they look at your feet and say "yup, there flat" What else do i need for it? just the Doctor reports? The general doc that looked at my feet said that they were aggrivated by military service.

Tower Rat

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat

Don't let anyone cut on your feet saying they will cure your flat feet. Foot surgeries often fail. They fix one thing and damage something else. Go to heelspurs.com. There are podiatrists who will talk to you about your feet on the message boards for free.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 30% Service Connected for Falt Feet and I would never consent to a VA operation on them.

First place the person operating would probably be someone who had not used a scapel on anything but dead bodies.

I am 30% Service Connected for Falt Feet and I would never consent to a VA operation on them.

First place the person operating would probably be someone who had not used a scapel on anything but dead bodies.

I am service connected for flat feet. The VAMC took x-rays, sent me home, 6 mo. later I was awarded 10%. I waited 29 or so years til I couldn't put up with pain in my feet anymore, went back, they took more x-rays and I was awarded 30% after I appealed there first decision. They then gave me orthodics and naproxen which is a pain killer. The naproxen bottle says (take with meals) up to 2 tablets per day as needed. I did that for about 3 years daily and the naproxen caused my GI bleed and watershed effect of the cervical cord. Be careful of all pain killers, the side effects can kill you.