Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Relief

Rate this question

sweettator

Question

I finally got my letter today (actually 2 letters). I got one that has a letter and form for IU. Then the other letter with my blue letter stating the decision gives me 100% P&T and on the blue letter it says, "Entitlement to Individual Unemployability: The issue of whether or not the veteran is entitled to Individual Unemploymebnt is deferred for thr following pending appropriate develpment and consideration. It was date 24 April and my 100% P&T letter dated 26 April???????????????? Why me? I'm so confused. In my packet for 100% I got all the paperwork for Chap 35, commissay and px, ect. So I must be 100% P&T if the letter states it. Right? Now I just need to wait on the money. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Vicky

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

CONGRATS ! ! ! ! !

Yeah! what she said! :unsure:

Now, make sure it's "permanent."

Yeah! what she said! :unsure:

Now, make sure it's "permanent."

Vicky, CONGRATS ! ! ! ! !

On the blue letter it says? PT "permanet in nature" If got all the paperwork for Chap 35, commissay and px, ect. You are 100% P&T.

lu12

Edited by lu12

• Founder

sounds like they rated you a 100% schedular which it would seem make the TDIU moot, since you are already 100% it would seem if they gave you the Chapter 35 information that they have also made you permanent.

Once the check hits the bank, call the va 800 number and ask for a letter that states you are total and permanent, the letter can be used for state benefits and it is very helpful. also if you were under 50% before make sure you request your co-pays from the effective date of your claim.

i also applied for tdiu and they came back with 100% schedular, and now i am total and permanent it all works out the same money wise.

I finally got my letter today (actually 2 letters). I got one that has a letter and form for IU. Then the other letter with my blue letter stating the decision gives me 100% P&T and on the blue letter it says, "Entitlement to Individual Unemployability: The issue of whether or not the veteran is entitled to Individual Unemploymebnt is deferred for thr following pending appropriate develpment and consideration. It was date 24 April and my 100% P&T letter dated 26 April???????????????? Why me? I'm so confused. In my packet for 100% I got all the paperwork for Chap 35, commissay and px, ect. So I must be 100% P&T if the letter states it. Right? Now I just need to wait on the money. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Vicky

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.