Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fascitis

Rate this question

kluender

Question

I've been rated 20% for incomplete paralysis of the sciatica nerve below the right knee. I've recently submitted a claim for plantar fascitis of the right foot. Today I found this entry in CFR 38:

§4.55 Principles of combined ratings for muscle injuries.

(a) A muscle injury rating will not be combined with a peripheral nerve paralysis rating of the same body part, unless the injuries affect entirely different functions.

Does this mean that my claim for plantar fascitis will be rejected?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

plantar facitis is not a muscle injury. It is a ligamentous problem involving a inflammed plantar fascia (sp.) ligament which runs from the heel to the big toe. I know that's not the medical terminology, but you get my drift. I just had a C&P yesterday for this as well. I also have a claim in for sciatica, too. Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are already at 20% for the leg below the knee then I don't know if getting SC'ed for PF will raise your rating. You might get an extra 10%. I have PF and it really hurts, but most doctors seem to think it is a minor ailment. My only advice is not to have surgery for it.

I have bilateral plantar fascitis and the VA gave me a rating of 10% for this but clasisfied it as Claw Foot. I also have sciatic isues bilateraly @ 10% each I am requesting a review of additional information for an increase. Good luck on your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dolf

Do you have a very high and rigid arch? The VA said mine was pes cav deformity or something like that. It just means my arch is too high and the PF is tight.

I have bilateral plantar fascitis and the VA gave me a rating of 10% for this but clasisfied it as Claw Foot. I also have sciatic isues bilateraly @ 10% each I am requesting a review of additional information for an increase. Good luck on your claim.

Actually I have flat feet. When I filed a new claim for flat feet the VA refereed it back to claw foot. I can understand the pain you are having. Sometimes the code the VA uses can be as confusing as there math for compensation.