Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Took Jim Mac's Advice From Other Thread

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

I took JIM MAC's advice from my other thread and called the 1-800# to check on my rating percentage and was told NSC combined 0%. This means my claim was totally denied on all the issues. POA lied when they indicated my AS was service connected. I am very upset right now. I read that the evidence did not need to be in proponderance just 50/50 to have claim awarded. I know there was enough evidence to support an award of the claim.

I will not get the letter for another day or so. Won't know what it says until then. Thanks Hadit for what you do. I guess I found you a day late and dollar short of when I needed to. I am too tired to keep fighting with the VA on these issues. My appeal is still pending. Maybe I will have more favor there. Best regards to all.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, I did get the decision in the mail today. I can't even begin to go into it all. I am so upset. The last C&P is what they used to deny my claim on top of three VAMC physicians and another C&P examiner, as well as my current treating rheumatologist's medical opinion. I can't even believe it. One page from this exam and three to four pages from everybody else. It is almost too funny for me to be mad like I really want to be.

Anyway, I don't know if there is any fight left in me. We'll see after I take a couple of deep breaths.

x

x

x

Shit! I almost never hear anything good anymore about the POA's! What a jerk to tell you a lie! I'd revoke the POA faster than his head could spin!

You'll be OK, really 'cause you can already see the evidence is in your favor.

You can send your claim to the DRO process; they are pretty quick. You might need just one more IMO. Seems like Berta takes the cake on the most IMO's!

You already know they were wrong! You gotta get mad. Take a short break. We'll be here!

Sorry for the temporary setback, I know it's a slap in the face, but don't let them take your fight! You're a veteran, always will be! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are able I would ask for a DRO Hearing where you can look them in the face and ask how they could do it to you when your evidence proves your claim.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

They did the same thing to me and it was pretty frustrating. I had more then enough evidence including records from the army saying I hurt my back. What really took the cake was they made a decision on the claim on Sept 26 and mailed it to me on Dec 24! Some Christmas present. But all it really did was piss me off enough to keep fighting them and I finally got up to 60%. I'm still waiting on a decision on IU so the game goes on. Hang in there, you wil win in the end.

Wow! Thanks everyone for posting. I took some time away from it all last night and just watched NUMBERS because it made my head hurt.

I do plan, after sleeping on it, to file a NOD. In spite of what they stated about the pyramiding, I know that if the AS is service connected, it will make any future conditions easier to sc on a secondary basis.

Thanks for your help. I don't know when I will have my hearing for the sc increase but I was told there may be hearings held in September where I'm at.

Edited by luvHIM

If you are able I would ask for a DRO Hearing where you can look them in the face and ask how they could do it to you when your evidence proves your claim.

Good Luck

That is exactly what I plan to do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Luvhim, good for you not to give up, though after you submit for the DRO a little time off for fresh air is fine. I was unable to read your longer post here for my own 'sensitivity' to personal details, I do trust that medical opinions will truly get you the benefits you so deserve. We (and I) are here for you!

God Bless!

cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!