Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow Unexpected!

Rate this question

Ryan H.

Question

I just got the VA deposit!!!!! I have to call the 1800 number to see what they rated me at... Looks like maybe around 60 or 70%.... Right where I feel I should be at.... I'll let you guys know more later!

It's never too late to get it fixed!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

OMFG the VA actually got something right for once. I have alot to say about this. As a young vet i have been reading the posts from some of the older people on here. I kept my mouth shut because honestly I didnt know what to think. I have to say that I agree with them. The VA rated me correctly the first time. I am now 80% total. I am 10% tennitus, 20% ankle arthritus, and 70% PTSD. They rated me at 0% for Acid Reflux. This is exactly what I expected and what I wanted. I am going to file an NOD for the reflux after My Dr apt on friday but they were spot on for all the other ratings. I have to give props to the Nashville RO for them being very informative, and very fast on my claim.

I also have to give the most credit to you! The readers and the people that took the time to help me with my questions and gave me all the info I needed to make sure the VA system worked the way it was supposed to.

Rentalguy- You were the first one to help me here. You advise from day one was what got my claim right the first time. I truely hope the Nashville RO treats you as well as they have treated me. Thank you. If i'm back in the Tricities area dinner is on me for sure.

Berta- WOW! I cannot tell you how much i enjoy reading your posts. You do more research than the people that get paid to do it. You are a god send to all the people on this site and we are very lucky to have a wonderful woman like you to help all of us lost vets out.

Testvet- you kept me motivated and active thank you for your time.

Thanks to all once again!

Actually some RO's are very, very good at the ratings game. As long as the veteran submits a well documented claim normally there are no problems (except small ones like 1 or two months difference in effective dates etc.....) I have spoken to many veterans who have used the Nashville RO and all have had positive words for them. However, there are other RO's who employ those who can in no way understand CFR 38 and how to apply it to rate a veterans claim. Take a look at the Monday morning report. Just to point out one take a look at Montgomery RO. At last count they had something like 10,000 claims pending of which 7000 of them were appeals. That should tell you something and that something is that when you see a high appeal number such as this someone is failing in their job. Some on other sites blame the veteran however, that many veterans can not be wrong.

• Founder

congratulations ryan, i am glad it went well for you, this is the way it is suppose to work :lol: glad you found us and we could be of help.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.