Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Calculations

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think at this time, this is the best that I am going to get.

I will have go back after them later.

As always, not what I wanted.

If anyone can figure the approx. amt of retro, please post.

1992- 1997 - 10%

1997-2005 - 50%

2005- 2008 - 70%

I guess they will include my husband also.

Thanks and Always Appreciate,

Betty

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So you are saying you have statements verifying service connection and non-service connection for the same issue? And to boot, that looks like a clear unemployability statement.Don't know where its all going, I just find it unusal that you could be Sc and Nsc for the same condition. If I recall there is a 'greater amount' ceiling for sc and nsc pay. You must be truly specail! Yay!

cg

• HadIt.com Elder
So you are saying you have statements verifying service connection and non-service connection for the same issue? And to boot, that looks like a clear unemployability statement.Don't know where its all going, I just find it unusal that you could be Sc and Nsc for the same condition. If I recall there is a 'greater amount' ceiling for sc and nsc pay. You must be truly specail! Yay!

cg

cg,

I sure do with a huge government seal to boot!!!

The VA granted me the Non service Connected Pension and I guess they thought this would shut me up.

I have never collected a dime from the pension, due to my husbands income, but granted all the same.

Now, I have went in and service connected it.

I filed my NOD on this NSC Pension.

Does this make any sense. I knew somewhere there were the necessary medical records to connect the two.

Bingo.

Military Psychiatric Records acquired by me in 2004 and never acquired by the VA to re-open all claims.

© Service department records. (1) Notwithstanding any other section in this part, at any time after VA issues a decision on a claim, if VA receives or associates with the claims file relevant official service department records that existed and had not been associated with the claims file when VA first decided the claim, VA will reconsider the claim, notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section. Such records include, but are not limited to:

(i) Service records that that are related to a claimed in-service event, injury, or disease, regardless of whether such records mention the veteran by name, as long as the other requirements of paragraph

© of this section are met;

(ii) Additional service records forwarded by the Department of Defense or the service department to VA any time after VA's original request for service records; and

(iii) Declassified records that could not have been obtained because the records were classified when VA decided the claim.

(2) Paragraph ©(1) of this section does not apply to records that VA could not have obtained when it decided the claim because the records did not exist when VA decided the claim, or because the claimant failed to provide sufficient information for VA to identify and obtain the records from the respective service department, the Joint Services Records Research Center, or from any other official source.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine