Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60 Years Old & C & P Re-examination

Rate this question

gunner

Question

I got my re-exam coming up on my PTSD claim with the QTC Doctors coming up on Friday. I'm 60 years old and don't need this kind of stress in my life after all that I have had to endure already. I was last evaluated from 30% to 50% for my PTSD about 5 years ago and the VA wants me to have a re-evaluation. I'm pacing the floors and going crazy thinking about having to go through this again. My docs at the VA told me to take a couple more of my "take the edge off" meds, but I don't like having that lost feeling. My VA Doctors told me not to worry as I won't go down in percentage, but I have heard so much negative info on the QTC doctors I'm really scared. I really don't want to go and have to relive some of this stuff again. Can anybody help me as to what will the re-exam be about? Please somebody out there help me out...............

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ALL,

Well yesterday the C&P exam was "BRUTAL". It was a 3 hour ordeal of emotional ups & downs. When it was finished I felt as if I had just did manual labor for an 8 hour shift and I was totally exhausted. I'm sure tht it didn't help with my lack of sleep the night before as I didn't get much through all my stress and worry I had inside of me. Well, the good part is that it is done and now I have to be on "pins & needles" awaiting the results of the exam. I can't say how I feel about how my examination process went as I don't even remember all of the questions and what I answered them with. I'll post the results when I get them. I have an appointment this week so I will go to the Release of Information and request a copy upon completion. Everybody thanks for your support.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gunner

It probably went well since I never had a three hour psychiatric exam in my life and I have been filing since 1971 for nervous conditions. I got the ten minute exam. The one where they ask you "Do you know why you are here. Do you know what day it is? Do you know your name? You are OK, young man, now get out of here".

Me too. I have been to numerous C&P exams (this was a re-exam) and I have never been drilled over the coals like this one. I hope that you're right and the results are on my side. I just hate to have this negative attitude but you can't help it when dealing with the VA. I'm wondering if this is common with the QTC exams on taking that long to do the exam.

Gunner

• HadIt.com Elder

Gunner:

I think that you did fine and you have a good plan. Usually you get a decision back in weeks instead of months, So you are close.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Went to the Records Release of Information and was told that they cannot release my info from the QTC C&P re-examination. They told me that I will have to go to the Regional Office and request from there. Does this sound legit or what? Something smells "fishy" here. Any help or ideas on this? Thanks.

Gunner

• HadIt.com Elder

Its the way that QTC does it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.