VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Help

Rate this question

samH

Question

Hi I am new to Forum If anyone cant help please respond!!!!I had a C&P exam a few days ago. I showed up on time.They called me i to the room two doctor were there dressed in smocks like they just got out of surgery.One Doctor told the other one we will not be here long he has things to do.Doctors ask me how I was injured to told him. Then one doctor asked about my symptoms i told them to him. I asked them what would they would be examining today they said just the lumbar. i told them that the DRO ordered a complete spine exam. He said well all we are checking is the lumbar.I said OK got on the table on my belly told me to push my legs up i did. then he said i was not trying I told him i was but I am having a lot of pain.Both doctors laugh at me!!! he said OK send you for some x-ray. I did an x-ray just of the lower spine. at my DRO hearing the DRO said he would be ordering a complete Spine exam on my paperwork said they would take 2 to 4 hours to complete.They did not do the exam right did not look at anything I had like MRI, EMG , doctors reports.I got the clinic report back don't understand it it didn't look good.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi I am new to Forum If anyone cant help please respond!!!!I had a C&P exam a few days ago. I showed up on time.They called me i to the room two doctor were there dressed in smocks like they just got out of surgery.One Doctor told the other one we will not be here long he has things to do.Doctors ask me how I was injured to told him. Then one doctor asked about my symptoms i told them to him. I asked them what would they would be examining today they said just the lumbar. i told them that the DRO ordered a complete spine exam. He said well all we are checking is the lumbar.I said OK got on the table on my belly told me to push my legs up i did. then he said i was not trying I told him i was but I am having a lot of pain.Both doctors laugh at me!!! he said OK send you for some x-ray. I did an x-ray just of the lower spine. at my DRO hearing the DRO said he would be ordering a complete Spine exam on my paperwork said they would take 2 to 4 hours to complete.They did not do the exam right did not look at anything I had like MRI, EMG , doctors reports.I got the clinic report back don't understand it it didn't look good.

Well Sam, I say there going to go after that 40% at worse case scenario. I have lumbar spine problems and rated at 40% and if they ask me to get on my belly I told them to kiss my %^%(*&@ there are thing I just can't do! These things they ask are ways to see it you can do certain things with out asking. and I imagine one doctor was training they other, and if someone laughed at me I would have to assume I was being called a liar (made fun of)with out asking. I assume you already got a denial and this is your DRO review you just had? I was hit with the half/a$$ exam too the VA doctor stated they done things they didn't do, but in my opinion your claim sounds kinda bad..Not to compare yours to mine but the way it went down for you. If you don't have DR. IMO to refute the VA it gets even harder.

I am helping a Army 11B20 Vietnam vet with his claim. I sent for his service records to include medical records last Dec with no results yet. He had NEVER been to the VA since leaving service. I KNEW him well and went thru grade and high school with his wife...we had talked and she told me things that, while she had NEVER heard about PTSD, described PTSD symptoms fully in him. For some reason also, his DD 214 did NOT include his CIB, I requested a corrected DD 215 about the same time as I did his records with no results yet. Meanwhle, I got him appointments at the VA Mental Health Clinic and I also filed a claim for Tinnitus, Hearing Loss and PTSD. The mental Hygiene Clinic Psychiatrist diagnosed PTSD, he has been 4 times now including the C&P exam for PTSD, 4 different Psychiatrist and Clinical Psychologist have diagnosed him with PTSD and a GAF of 50, and he is on medication for PTSD. He was approved for Tinnitis and is still waiting for Decision for Hearing Loss, his tests showed a definite hearing loss in both ears. We sent ALL the PTSD mental Hygeine records along with his copy of the request for his service records and a corrected DD 215 adding the CIB he deserved for his combat duty. Now, the VA sends him the big packet wanting documentation of stressors etc, they were listed in the Psychiatrists reports, but the VA wants him to explain them again, so we did, and we requested the VA to HELP him receive his Service Records and the DD 215 showing CIB. If he gets that soon, we will OVERNIGHT it to the VARO along with the Regulations accepting the CIB as Stressors. St Louis must be way behind on sending out Records, the Correction of Military Records Dept is way behind too. Regulations state St Louis will respond within 10 working days, yeah! Hope that e-mail from Dr Perez wasn't sent Nationwide!!!!!!!

Edited by jessejames