Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Appeal

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My lawyer told me he appealed to the BVA for my CUE. The VA just told me I now have a DRO Hearing on July 2, 2008. What is going on? I am calling my lawyer to find out what the heck is happening. I had a Decision Review Officer already deny me on this and that is why I went to the BVA with the lawyer. This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. No way in hell is the VA going to grant my CUE at the local level. If they do I will do a back flip. I assume they are just going to try and screw me in a new way. I did not ask for this Hearing.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think it might be a positive sign John-

I heard (actually from the same lawyer) that the VA handles any claim wth an attorney as the POA differently then regular claims

(I think that means the claim gets to someone who is literate)

My CUEs are set for DRO review too -never got that before and Karl gave his wife my case-

she was whoo ti doo over it 2 months ago but I cant get a call back or email response from her-

She did have a serious illness in her family so maybe that is why-

Regardless I sure am anxious to see what the DRO will decide-I had plenty of legal evidence.

And the only basis they denied on was ludicrous with absolutely no basis in fact -which I sure pointed out to them when I requested the DRO review.

These claims are with the same DRO with my over 5 year old AO claim.

A recent maneuver I made might even get them all awarded faster -although it is hard for me to define what 'faster' means to the VA.

I had to raise legal issues to get my remand in a few weeks and not years so I think the lawyer did that too in your case- dont know what he really did though-

I know the RO can award CUEs because they awarded my old CUE at the VARO level (6 years after they denied it at the RO and then at the BVA)

Because a literate employee of the RO read it. ( the VA Regional counsel)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Well, let's hope so. I if do get anything from my CUE I will be a happy camper. I could use some retro.

Berta I just want to thank you for your mention of Karl Kazmierczak. He is a fresh breath of air after do nothig lawyers i.e. Liebeman & Mark. A good law firm is like finding a gold nugget.

berta, wish i could say something nice about the Regional Counsel, thier currently handling my FCTA..mmmmm Regards, William n

william