Rate this question

BernieB

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They also have a "sit-up" MRI, where you are in a seated postion while scanned. I did it this way, and it is much more comfortable than a standard MRI. It also takes better pictures of the spine, because the spine is under pressure both while standing and seated.

Danville, VA.

The doctor's comments came from the MRI, but it was done on my back. I had it done at the Durham NC VA Medical Center. Sorry if I confused anyone.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I stand up straight my back does not hurt. When I walk my back does not hurt. When I sit for longer periods it starts to get stiff and hurt like hell. When I wake up in the morning my back is stiff and painful. I ride a stationary bike and about an hour later my back is hurting and stiff. What does this mean?

• HadIt.com Elder
When I stand up straight my back does not hurt. When I walk my back does not hurt. When I sit for longer periods it starts to get stiff and hurt like hell. When I wake up in the morning my back is stiff and painful. I ride a stationary bike and about an hour later my back is hurting and stiff. What does this mean?

possible herniates disc(s), or a recurrent muscle strain due to poor ergonomics (?)

It's not stenosis, for sure. I can attest that lumbar spinal stenosis hurts when you stand, when you sit, and when you lie down. The only two moderately comfortable positions are while standing, you can lean forward a bit (like on a shopping cart, or a chair), and that will momentarily relieve the pressure on your spinal cord. The other is to lay in a fetal postion. This does the same thing, but you will only get minutes of partial relief from either. The other problems that occur with stenosis and cauda equina are as bad, though not painful for the most part (not counting the radiculopathy in the hips and legs). Male urinary incontinence at age 35 is embarrasing and plain ole sux!

Bernie, the Bay Pines,Fla. VHAMC is outsourcing their MRI's(overwhelmed) The DR's (radiologist,fee basis) interpertation is what i was looking for to go along with my SSD Examine..Ammo,ammo.ammmo...Peace, William n

Edited by williamn