Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 800 # Information Or Lack Of It

Rate this question

maxwell18

Question

I have been calling the VA 800 number and used to connect to St Peterburg FL as I live in FL but now I get other locations. I am 100% P&T and have received retro pay from DFAS and a letter stating information has been forwarded to the VA within 30 days I should hear from the VA. I called the VA they never heard of that before? Being I connect to other locations then FL the VA counselers or (suppose to be counselers) (by the way GS10) they have very limted information from thier computer. Every once in a while I will find one that really knows how to read the notes on my claim. My claim is related to being rated 100% in 2005 but being the VA doctors did not do my C&P examine property my ratings was effective to 100% 10/2003. I have requested back pay to the 2003 date. I have written about 6 letters with the documentation proving everything I just covered. The last 4 times I called they said I had a automobile claim in. I told them I never submitted that claim? What should I do to get the VA off thier ass and take care of business. I can't belive these are GS 10 and most of them retired military. Somebody needs to hold the VA responsibile for doing what are suppose to be doing.

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"What should I do to get the VA off thier ass and take care of business."

We dunno, but if ya figger it out, please, please, please post your remedy here for all to see!

:rolleyes:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

May I humbly suggest thst you have a sign made by a professional sign maker stating exactly what your grievances are. Take this sign along with a comfortable camping chair, umbrella to ward off the suns rays, and place these items and your body (with sign) in front of their door. You must of course stay on the public right of way and check with your local government if you require any type of permit. I will guarantee you that within a few hours they will come to you to see what you need. These "Government Servants" do not like lights to be turned on where everyone can see them for what they are. It works......I personally did it. Gets rsults.

Maxwell,

i agree with Larry on this.

Hey Rthomass,

did you really do that? :rolleyes:

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

May I humbly suggest thst you have a sign made by a professional sign maker stating exactly what your grievances are. Take this sign along with a comfortable camping chair, umbrella to ward off the suns rays, and place these items and your body (with sign) in front of their door. You must of course stay on the public right of way and check with your local government if you require any type of permit. I will guarantee you that within a few hours they will come to you to see what you need. These "Government Servants" do not like lights to be turned on where everyone can see them for what they are. It works......I personally did it. Gets rsults.

My hat is off to you! :rolleyes:

Ron

Maxwell,

i agree with Larry on this.

Hey Rthomass,

did you really do that? :rolleyes:

I most certainly did (three times) at the VARO, 300 WEST MAIN STREET, LOUISVILLE, kY 40202

• HadIt.com Elder

maxwell,

one way to get around the idiots at the 800#, you may request a local hearing at the VARO in St Petersburg and speak to a ratings officer in person. Take everything you need to show earlier effective date. The request must be in writing. Always request a formal hearing and a copy of the transcript.

Those 800* operators will play dodge ball with you all day, every day.