Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moderate Concentric Left Ventricle Hypertrophy--

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

RE: "Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electro-cardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray 30 [percent]"

I believe I have been thinking about my appeal too much. Does "evidence of cardiac hyperthropy or dilatation on ...echocardiogram or x-ray" stand alone OR must it be used in conjuction with METs testing to be valid for 30 percent. I think it stands alone because of the comma and semicolon included in the sentence. I've had so many tests, I've forgotten the purposes. I think

the Echo test involved lying on my side...

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I see this as meaning "or"

I am using this criteria for a CUE claim I have.

VA never diagnosed my husband's heart disease and it was evident in 6 years of Med recs-and part of my FTCA award.

He had 3 EKGs, and an ECHO-but no MET test at all-

The ECHO report you have should show dilation factors ,Ejection Fraction and,hypertrophy.

My husband's X ray was read wrong and it showed no hypertrophy-

the ECHO and any EKG reports you have (the actual strip reports usually are in the medical records)

They will probably contain a brief assessment of the results.

The EKG strips can show evidence of heart disease but the ECHO is more detailed.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Key word is Or. Cardiac hypertrophy is an enlarged heart and it stands alone in the ratings.

Other things can increase the rating like a Lower ejection fraction.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

If the echo test shows a low left reading not ekg or mets is needed. When I filed for my last increase for my heart the VA tried to make me take a stress test 3 weeks after I had another stent placed. I refused and insteat gave them the report from the hospital of the angio and also the echo. Funny the c&P people still called and tried to assertain what type of mets reading I should have. They gave me an 8 after I answered a few questions. That put me in the same catagory as with the lower egection. Still I did refuse the stress test until my private doc said it was OK.

Edited by stillhere

Stillhere,

My ejection fraction is within the lower limits of normal. I'm hoping the "Cardiac hypertrophy (LVH)--an enlarged heart" is enough for 30 percent. If not, then I think I am wasting my time with the appeal.

Thank you for the info,

Ron

p.s.

Actually, like everyone else here, I would rather be healthy, but that was a long time ago...