VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chemical Toxins/what Were You Exposed To During Your Enlistment?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hoppy,

i'm thinking about filing on that.but it's been a long time.i now have bronchitus and couch constantly.i have a doctors statement "due to chemical exposure'

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

Hoppy, When I sarted the lead paint dust claim I was new to all this without any nowledge to the claims process. With all the help and reading this site over the last few years I learn much more. I am going to try to reopen my denide claims for my daughter and all my disabilities. Thanks !

Allen, I did not appeal the red lead claim denial because they told me I was not in Vietnam. But since your post I have renuewed interest. Thanks for your very inportant post.

• In Memoriam

Ed S. is like the rechargeable die-hard battery. He just keeps on going. Ed has really helped me over the years.

I was in charge of a side cleaning crew on USS Sarratoga in Barcellona Spain. The Red Lead was under the grey paint. Aircraft carrier people were exposed to so many different toxins it is confusing.

The only reason claims are denied to most the US Navy, is because they are still using the same chemicals in the same manners today.

If the DoD would tell recruits, that the US Navy will be hazardous to your health, and that the US Navy will take 10 to 30 years off of your life, then things would be a little more understandable.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was at basic at Ft McClellen, we had yard duty every weeek where we had to mow, paint rocks (really, we painted rocks) and spray herbicides all over the place. No one gave us gloves, face masks or even told us to be careful...just get out there and spray those weeds.

Edited by SeattleShay

• HadIt.com Elder

After a series of shots one day, I went into a terrible high fever, headache, body cramps. Woke up with a soken wet bed and maybe six blankets the other recruits layed on me while i was out of it. It was after noon, no one in the barracks when I woke and I didn't know what hit me. I was told it was best to keep it quite or i'd get kicked out. Gastroenteritis, occular inflamation, fluctuating vision, fungal hyphea skin rash followed according to my records.

Records? what records says the VA.