VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chemical Toxins/what Were You Exposed To During Your Enlistment?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have used Red Led several times during my naval career.

I remember one time there was a Room with green tile laid. ( DC Locker). It was to be stripped to the metal and then red led painted, then re tiled.

I did not know it at the time but under the tile was a metal screen. Then a fiberous layer of white insulation.

I found out later that it had been tested and was posative for Asbestos.

I was using air tools to cut the screen.

Catch 22 all the way.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

chow hall food,rations,falstaff beer

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

• HadIt.com Elder

les,

make sure to include all bases, ship yards, dry docks and training centers your records show you were assigned to along with your list of toxins.

I was assigned to room #233 on Treasure Island, for a week to learn how to set up a new maintenance program for B-division on ship. Didn't think anything about it until I read how that very same room just tens years previous had a nuclear accident in it and to this day the same site is still toxic.

List everything you can think of.

One of my duties as oil king on ship was standing over a sounding tube, breathing fumes. every time the ship rolled it would blow it in your face. You can open a hatch sometimes, but most places to test oil capacity were in closed cramp spaces. I spent years doing this. Those old WWII ships burned bunker crude. Eighty percent of it was "used" motor oil.

The DOD and Congress need to step up to the plate and start protecting or military service from these types of injuries.

They also need to be responsible for those they've harmed for their obvious negligence.

on bivouac they made us eat K or C rations from vietnam because we would check date and then open them with a p 38. Nasty stuff.