VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C&p Exam

Rate this question

crosssabers

Question

Hello there.

I am wondering if anyone has had their claim decided without a C&P? I submitted plenty of paperwork in support of my claim, most from VA itself, so I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there?

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When did you get discharged? I think a full physical is a good thing since they might find other things that could be service connected. If it is within one year of discharge then the things they find would probably be SC'ed.

UPDATE-

Received initial rating, was granted 10% PTSD until it is re-evaluated after a C&P. Back problems were deferred until a C&P for that too. Hearing loss and tinnitus were denied.

I still cant understand why they rated at all since i'm only rated at a total of 10% now until they get more info. Wouldn't it have saved everyone the hassle if they just did a C&P a long time ago?

Oh well, better to keep on waiting than to be decided without current info. I'm hoping for the best. By the way-I had been asking for exams since May but was told that they had enough to make a decision. We'll se where this goes soon enough....

UPDATE-

Received initial rating, was granted 10% PTSD until it is re-evaluated after a C&P. Back problems were deferred until a C&P for that too. Hearing loss and tinnitus were denied.

For all of these issues you can:

check your medical evidence against the requirements listed in here,

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/38cfr4_03.html

You maybe entitled to a higher rating of your PTSD.

For your Hearing loss and Tinnitus:

Check the Evidence section of the RD, along with the Reasons and Bases Section to see if you feel this denial is correct. Regarding Hearing loss - you have to be pretty deaf for it to be compensable - but perhaps you can file a NOD and get it rated as SC, zero percent, because down the road it may get worse. Same for Tinnitus if you disagree file a NOD and tell VA why you don't agree.

I still cant understand why they rated at all since i'm only rated at a total of 10% now until they get more info. Wouldn't it have saved everyone the hassle if they just did a C&P a long time ago?

That would entail the use of common sense, plus it would be more difficult to

low-ball you right off the bat.

jmho,

carlie

Had my second C&P on the 17th, and I think it went well. Referred by the doctor to other alternatives for PTSD treatment, and was scheduled with the physical therapy department to receive a Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) unit for my reoccuring neck pain and will receive all pain meds via the VA. Also was referred to neurosurgery for possible TBI due to screening process. Does this sound promising, or am I dreaming once again?