Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indianapolis Veteran Service Officers

Rate this question

hayley3

Question

My VSO is only in the office on Tues and Thurs. When I try to call on Tues or Thurs, a recording answers and says to call back later as they are busy, and they are so busy that they cannot take messages. I am getting very frustrated over this. I really need help with my claim.

Is it like this everywhere? Should I try to find another organization? I was in during peacetime.

Thanks,

Susie

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You need to take over your own claim...

No one cares as much about your claim as you do, so why woul you put someone else in charge of it? Especially someone who you cannot even talk to?

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arkansas has been like that for years and the receptionist want take a number and have them call back, they tell you---- to call back later. When you do call back, you get the same story. The way I see it, the VSO is unless to most vets. Now, if the SO is a high harmoned male and you are a female vet with a pretty face or eyes and legs or all of the above, you might get some service, if your skirt accidental slides up high as you sit or you bat your eyes at him allot. The other option if you are a male might be to promise them a 10% of you back pay in cash upon approval. I think this happens and has been done and some have been caught. If you haven't gotten any attention at the SO, you may be just an honest person or a female without any physical attractions in the SO's eyes.

Edited by danang_1969

I live in SW Indiana a long way from Indianapolis. I'm actually closer to the VARO in KY and I'm about 65 miles away from KY.

That was funny LarryJ. I got a big chuckle out of that. It's funny but makes you want to scream too. ;)

Carlie, the bad thing is they don't have an answering machine. They say they are so busy that it is best for you to just keep trying. That's the bad part.

I was cute when I was younger, but I don't think that'd work now. LOL :unsure:

rentalguy,

I was hoping for some expert advice from someone who supposedly should know the regs inside and out. I had no idea I wouldn't be able to talk to them. That's very sad. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes so I really needed the help.

Thanks,

Susie

Haley3,

Sorry that you are getting the run around. Rentalguy gave great advice; take charge of your own claim. When during my retirment ACAP briefing, the VA rep mentioned the various service organizations who can help Vets with their claims filing for free. I had the DAV to assist me and they did a terrific job, so much so that i joined as a life member ($240.00).

Since then, I have filed several notice of disagreement and have several issues pending on appeal. I had not heard from the DAV on my issues so I took charge of my own claim.

In my opinion, I believe that the various service organizations spend the majority of their time at the various military bases in an attempt to assist those who are pending separation and/or retirement. Why? Because while I was in the military, I didn't know what the DAV was or really didn't have a need to know what they did; at the time, it didn't help me to accomplish my mission. During retirement briefing and hearing about organizations who can help you get your rightfully earned benefit, you are going to take an interest; and I took an interest as I'm sure hundreds and thousands of others have also.

And when that Service organization does such a fantastic job on your initial claim "for free", you feel obligated to show your appreciation in some way. What better way to do that than to "become a member" ($240.00).

If I knew then what I know now, I would say that I would still join the organization, because this VA system is just too complicated for the novice and unprepared Vet. :unsure:

Arkansas has been like that for years and the receptionist want take a number and have them call back, they tell you---- to call back later. When you do call back, you get the same story. The way I see it, the VSO is unless to most vets. Now, if the SO is a high harmoned male and you are a female vet with a pretty face or eyes and legs or all of the above, you might get some service, if your skirt accidental slides up high as you sit or you bat your eyes at him allot. The other option if you are a male might be to promise them a 10% of you back pay in cash upon approval. I think this happens and has been done and some have been caught. If you haven't gotten any attention at the SO, you may be just an honest person or a female without any physical attractions in the SO's eyes.

I guess I'm going out today and get me s skirt that rides high, I'll go 260 I bet that would be a pretty sight.Haaahahahahaha