Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Responce To 4 Year Old Nod?

Rate this question

les

Question

Your appeal is important to us and we hope this information is helpful. According to our records, your appeal is with the Decision Review Officer(DRO). We have not received your VCAA. Since sending the VCAA was optional, the DRO is now ready to move ahead with your appeal. I know it's not possible to know when a nod will be rated, But in 4 years I never received a iris like this. Has anyone ever received ready to move ahead with your appeal, and how long was the wait to get your ssoc? Thanks! Les

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not necessarily even when I fired mine the VA continued to list him as my VSO

I now have a VSO cause they do come in handy from time to time

I received a soc july 2007, I then sent nod and also sent in form 9 as told to by dav rep. My hold up was because I had a c&p decision in Jan 2008 for ptsd witch was denide but they did extract gad and my dav rep said the dro will do all 4 of my appeals at once. I did receive a vcaa form to have my claim decided in May 2008 and I checked I did not have any more eveidence and to decied my appeals instead of waiting the 30 days. Well it has been 60 days allmost. Thanks!

Please keep in mind that this letter that you have received with the 30 day notice is required by law. It does not mean that they will decide your claim within the next 30 days. Sometimes that next 30 days could be 2 years later. Not trying to scare you but that is just the way the system works. Now with that said what they are - and the law requires them to do is covering their butts if for some unknown stroke of luck or act of God they get to your claim with in the next 30 to sixty days and make a decision the vet can not come back and scream foul because he just got a hold of a new IMO/IME. Bottom line is the law requires the notice but in most cases when the notice is sent out your claim is still way down in the pile. Once again, sorry but that is just the rules of the game. However, they have been known to complete a claim within the 30 day notice period from century to century! hahahaha

So tell me your secret to getting a reply from IRIS?

I never get a response.

Thanks. :P

Your appeal is important to us and we hope this information is helpful. According to our records, your appeal is with the Decision Review Officer(DRO). We have not received your VCAA. Since sending the VCAA was optional, the DRO is now ready to move ahead with your appeal. I know it's not possible to know when a nod will be rated, But in 4 years I never received a iris like this. Has anyone ever received ready to move ahead with your appeal, and how long was the wait to get your ssoc? Thanks! Les