Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Med Exam Not By Dr. But Nurse Practitioner

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Have any other vets had their medical C & P exams done by nurse practitioners versus Dr.? Mine was and there were so many errors and descripencies in the exam..she lied and I called her up 2x and she said "she didn't write that and they must have gotten records mixed up" yeah sure than why didn't she correct them!

Turned her into pt advocate and found out she was fired from doing C & P exams but moved to an undisclosed area of the hosp to work. FOIA officer said it took her 3 days to find the nurse pract in the hosp and she said "it was in 2005 I don't remember!"

SO I sit and wait for my dear BVA to proceed.

2 medical physician IMO's done but they believe the va's nurse pract. Funny how they did not have all the information I told in my personal hearing about her and the faulty exam on my trancripts! Anything I said about the va exams, providers, etc. were not on the transcript at all.

Have any others had similiar experiences they are fighting with because of non Dr exams? There is so much more I could write but I would like to hear if others have had this occur to them, and their advice or actions that may have helped them in their battle. :P

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Again - this is the VA Claims Research Forum - Thread topic C&P Exam Not By Dr. But NP.

Whatever monkey conducts the C&P Examination - the C&P examination is signed off on by a doctor,

that in most cases never even has to see you face or examine your disabilities.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any type of Medical care or treatment.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what we want outside the realm of getting a claim granted.

If a claimant is going to have to NOD a C&P for being inadequate - hopefully the claimant's argument

will be something other than, "A NP or PA is not qualified to conduct my C&P examination because

they are not a doctor". Does anyone have a rule or reg that will substantiate this argument ?

Now, this line right here has nothing to do with a C&P examination -- but just a reminder that there sure

aren't many "DOCTOR's" saving lives by providing "TREATMENT" in the back of an ambulance.

OH WAIT -- STOP -- DON'T YOU DARE PUT THOSE PADDLES ON MY CHEST - YOUR ONLY AN EMT !

jmho,

carlie

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

All Claimants - When you have a C&P Examination Scheduled - Even if a monkey is going to conduct the examination - Please show-up for your C&P Exam, if not - you will most certainly be doing an injustice to yourself and an injustice to a possible positive outcome of your claim.

This is not my opinion, these are the facts of VA Claims Adjudication.

carlie

Good advice Carlie.

Anyone that feels the examination and or medical opinion was in error can request the C&P be redone if you show cause.

Since it is the VAMC C&P funding that decides who they hire and not the regional office. Don't expect an MD to provide the examination. NP's and PA's will be the norm. A Dr's must sign off on it to be valid.

A copy of your examination & opinion can be obtained through the VAMC C&P div, without having to go through the VA regional office rating dept. This way it's possible you can view the results before the rater does.

Like Carlie says, make sure you show up to the C&P no matter who's on watch. If they screw it up you can contest it. Do not cancel your C&P.

VA Claims research... as to the steps to follow related to the damn idiot nurse pract. and to see if others had this problem or one similiar and processes used to correct the situation. This is related to WHAT TO DO TO RECTIFY CLAIM FROM DAMAGE DONE FROM FAULTY EXAM. My objective is my claim! My appeal is going to BVA because of her incompetence!

The damage info was stated, and some of the steps I have taken were stated,...last 13 words I typed were" and their advice or actions that may have helped them in their battle!"

If this is not requesting research into claims what is???? This topic is my claim and if people want to give assistance or imput I am glad for it, sematnics are not the issues at all!

To those who offer me assistance I applaude you. Thank you for your support.

I am getting the IMO Dr's to rewrite part of my rebuttal to see if that works...I think that would be more to my advantage at this step and if it doesn't fly, next I will ask for a new C & P.

Thanks to MMMM5 as I bought Roche's books over 2 1/2 years ago and have used the info deligently.

I appreciate this forum and the "helper's" on it. Have utalized Jim Strickland's imput also about 2 years too, as well as vawatchdog.

I went to this VA for 3 yrs in the mid eighty's...told the N.P. and she said "vet claims was treated at this facility, no such records" I got a copy of them from archives at this VA too...too bad she didn't check this out also. This screwed up my claim somewhat too till I sent VARO a copy cause they didn't believe me and try to locate such! But they did not change their mind either.

I have been a nurse over 34 yrs and have friends that are nurses, Nurse Practitioners as well as Dr's but the fact remains SHE WAS FIRED FROM DOING C&P'S!! She was incompetent...she f'ed up! I am the one who has lost all of this time, energy, focus on a claim that was clear but she threw a wrench in it and that's my story, because this is my life.

Thanks to all you good people who continue to work for all us vets. You are appreciated here!

Again - this is the VA Claims Research Forum - Thread topic C&P Exam Not By Dr. But NP.

Whatever monkey conducts the C&P Examination - the C&P examination is signed off on by a doctor,

that in most cases never even has to see you face or examine your disabilities.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any type of Medical care or treatment.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what we want outside the realm of getting a claim granted.

If a claimant is going to have to NOD a C&P for being inadequate - hopefully the claimant's argument

will be something other than, "A NP or PA is not qualified to conduct my C&P examination because

they are not a doctor". Does anyone have a rule or reg that will substantiate this argument ?

Now, this line right here has nothing to do with a C&P examination -- but just a reminder that there sure

aren't many "DOCTOR's" saving lives by providing "TREATMENT" in the back of an ambulance.

OH WAIT -- STOP -- DON'T YOU DARE PUT THOSE PADDLES ON MY CHEST - YOUR ONLY AN EMT !

jmho,

carlie

carlie

I just go to the medical records division and get copies of all my records ie appointments, treatments, labs etc. If they are not in the computer that day, they mail them to me. Just sign the release and off I go with them. In fact they not only know my name but automatically put my last 4 numbers on the form too.

They have a great bunch of people working in that dept.

All Claimants - When you have a C&P Examination Scheduled - Even if a monkey is going to conduct the examination - Please show-up for your C&P Exam, if not - you will most certainly be doing an injustice to yourself and an injustice to a possible positive outcome of your claim.

This is not my opinion, these are the facts of VA Claims Adjudication.

carlie

Good advice Carlie.

Anyone that feels the examination and or medical opinion was in error can request the C&P be redone if you show cause.

Since it is the VAMC C&P funding that decides who they hire and not the regional office. Don't expect an MD to provide the examination. NP's and PA's will be the norm. A Dr's must sign off on it to be valid.

A copy of your examination & opinion can be obtained through the VAMC C&P div, without having to go through the VA regional office rating dept. This way it's possible you can view the results before the rater does.

Like Carlie says, make sure you show up to the C&P no matter who's on watch. If they screw it up you can contest it. Do not cancel your C&P.

Got it ,Thanks. Had in Jan on Amazon preorder his "Claim Denied" new book but they told me it was sold out. Tried to get it from the publisher but will not be reprinted till Mar 2009. Have paid for a copy of it via Tower.com 4 months ago but they are still searching. Supppose to list for 13.95 but some person on ebay says they have a copy and they want 68.00 for it I was going to buy it till I checked their feedback and many people wrote they never received books they ordered. This would be another great one too.

He is a blessing to vets!

Halos,

FYI; Roche has a 2nd Edition "Update" that was just published within the last year.