Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Med Exam Not By Dr. But Nurse Practitioner

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Have any other vets had their medical C & P exams done by nurse practitioners versus Dr.? Mine was and there were so many errors and descripencies in the exam..she lied and I called her up 2x and she said "she didn't write that and they must have gotten records mixed up" yeah sure than why didn't she correct them!

Turned her into pt advocate and found out she was fired from doing C & P exams but moved to an undisclosed area of the hosp to work. FOIA officer said it took her 3 days to find the nurse pract in the hosp and she said "it was in 2005 I don't remember!"

SO I sit and wait for my dear BVA to proceed.

2 medical physician IMO's done but they believe the va's nurse pract. Funny how they did not have all the information I told in my personal hearing about her and the faulty exam on my trancripts! Anything I said about the va exams, providers, etc. were not on the transcript at all.

Have any others had similiar experiences they are fighting with because of non Dr exams? There is so much more I could write but I would like to hear if others have had this occur to them, and their advice or actions that may have helped them in their battle. :P

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am just reading this thread and from my own experience you can refuse a C&P exam. However, you lose your claim. A friend of mine believed that he did not need a C&P the VA ordered. He called and told them this and they agreed to cancel his exam and go with what he had in his record. He lost. Then he went back and got a C&P exam and he won. We both got the message. The VA wants control of the rating process.

My versions of what happened were all written and sent to the FOIA officer at the vets hosp and also sent to the VARO to be included in my files.

Just found out file sent to BVA, as they shot dowm 2 Dr IMO's and took opinion of fired nurse pract.

And how is your day going?

Just got my official letter today dated 18 jul "certified your appeal to the Board of Veteran's Appeals and are transferring your VA records to the Board in Washington, D.C....you have 90 days from the date of this letter..."

Too bad they sent it pony express to me as it took 5 days to travel 150 miles. Yet I believe they do this to narrow down the days a vet has to fight them.

No way in hello am I going to let that liar nurse pract. get away with this. What more evidence I need I will get.

I guess the VA doesn't look at the fact she was fired from doing C & P exams for lying on vets reports. I bet they were dissappointed she got canned as she dissed so many vets. Not going to happen here!

Going to need further assistance along the process and I know I can count on my GREAT fellow vets here to help me too!

halos2,

You posted,

"I guess the VA doesn't look at the fact she was fired from doing C & P exams for lying on vets reports."

If I remember this is something someone at VA TOLD YOU. If this is true then it's he said --

she said and not really counted as some type of evidence.

As far as my thinking goes, when your working for VA or SSA -- they don't FIRE someone from doing C&P's -- they are transferred to different employment responsibilities and job title.

At least this is my understanding of the issue.

jmho,

carlie