Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Travel Pay

Rate this question

mobie16r

Question

Will the VAMC pay travel pay if you are schedule for an appointment and not service connected?

mobie

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You Qualify If:

>

1. you have a service-connected (SC) rating of 30 percent or more, or

2. you are traveling for treatment of a SC condition, or

3. you receive a VA pension, or

4. your income does not exceed the maximum annual VA pension rate, or

5. you are traveling for a scheduled compensation or pension examination

they "should" pay.....however,.............i couldn't get the Dayton VA nor the Cincinnati VA to pay my travel pay from the Dayton area to Ft. Thomas KY for PTSD treatment. Both VAs wanted the other to pay because I made the appts myself...I was not "referred" to Ft. Thomas. Even though it was for SC treatment!

I never rcvd a dime of travel pay....and that's a long trip. I finally stopped going.

Best of luck.

Another thing about receiving travel pay:

1) The VA will pay you zip code to zip code, not from your home to the clinic/hospital

2) The VA will pay you mileage for the closest hosp to you not the one you choose (ex.you live in Il but live closer to Ia hosp, yet you go to the Il hosp for appointments, you get paid to Ia hosp as the mileage is the closest zip code to zip code, not state related.

3) The first 3 appointments in the same month the VA will take out a copay automatically, but the 4th and there on in that month no copays taken out for the 4th and on.

4) The VA will pay you the total amt when going for a C&P exam, no copay taken out

Another thing about receiving travel pay:

1) The VA will pay you zip code to zip code, not from your home to the clinic/hospital

2) The VA will pay you mileage for the closest hosp to you not the one you choose (ex.you live in Il but live closer to Ia hosp, yet you go to the Il hosp for appointments, you get paid to Ia hosp as the mileage is the closest zip code to zip code, not state related.

3) The first 3 appointments in the same month the VA will take out a copay automatically, but the 4th and there on in that month no copays taken out for the 4th and on.

4) The VA will pay you the total amt when going for a C&P exam, no copay taken out

what if the appts i was going to in KY were not available at the Dayton VA? this was the case at the time. i was going to the Ft Thomas facility for MST PTSD one-on-one therapy which was not available in Dayton at the time. Now I'm the "guinea pig" for this therapy at the Dayton VA. (oh yippie).

Thanks everyone for your response but evandc,you gave me the answer i was looking

mobie