Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Vet's Suicide

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/ArticleID/10703

"A distraught 26-year-old Navy veteran who had a history of mental illness hanged himself within three hours of seeking help at Spokane Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The July 7 death of Lucas Senescall was the sixth suicide this year of a veteran who had contact with the Spokane VA, a marked increase in such deaths"

Disgraceful-----and utterly disgusting to think that the VA

still cannot assess suicidal veterans properly.

I hope the family sues them for MILLIONS!

And I hope this story has gotten to the House Committee on Veterans Affairs-to put more pressure on VA to do their jobs-

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You have 30 days from date of notice to ask for a Hearing and if you do you should ask for a shrink to be on the committee. Considering your diagnosis and the problems of the VA you should win this one. If not you will have 30 Days to appeal to BVA.

I was in the same position and it was granted when I appealed cause there was no way a shrink who works for VA will not help you out.

Good Luck

By the way Fee Service is not all its cracked up to be but if you get it explain to the Doc that they pay in less than 30 days and at same rate as Medicare. If the charge is more than 125 you have to get prior approval which is not easy.

i guess the Dayton VA just operates on their own set of rules. (but i've known this for the past 10 years)....it was a shrink who told me no....the "head shrink" no doubt, so he would be the one in charge of any committee. he and i have had screaming matches in the hall. it's a hate-hate relationship.

and paying for fee basis....30 days...LOL!!! not Dayton. i had gyn surgery in December.....Dayton just paid it last week!!!!! i was getting the bills for it!!!! out of over $15K they paid $1,900. i still have to call the hospital to make sure it posted to my account. as of last week it hadn't actually "posted".

the Dayton VAMC is a horrible place.