Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Glasses

Rate this topic

Pete53

• In Memoriam

Pete,

Now take the prescription to the VA and get a pair of UV lenses or just sunglasses. My second pair was dark sunglasses. You are allowed 2 pairs of glasses per year.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Are we still allowed two pairs of glasses per year at the VA? I just got my first pair a few months ago and asked about "sunglasses" which wasn't answered but I was told I'm legally blind, lol.

Hey Fellers, just wanted you all to know that Lexington VA has a spouse program and I got glasses for $89.00. It would have been cheaper but they charged extra for the transitions. I thought for a minute someone up there had lost it!!! I didn't look the gift horse in the mouth just took-em and ran like hell.

Carolyn

e4766

USA

Spc 5/Big Red One

Company A

1st/5th ARTY

Fire Direction Center

Hey Fellers, just wanted you all to know that Lexington VA has a spouse program and I got glasses for $89.00. It would have been cheaper but they charged extra for the transitions. I thought for a minute someone up there had lost it!!! I didn't look the gift horse in the mouth just took-em and ran like hell.

Carolyn

Great deal! Especially for transitions. Did they do your exam too? My wife needs glasses so bad! Tell me more about this program. I'd like to check to see if they have it around here.

CHR49

Great deal! Especially for transitions. Did they do your exam too? My wife needs glasses so bad! Tell me more about this program. I'd like to check to see if they have it around here.

I got my exam at Wally world for $40.00. Took to vision center at VA and bingo got them . Only problem it usually takes about 3-4 weeks. They don't have the real expensive frames but they have up-graded them in the last few years and they are not as dorky. I like mine. Just make sure if you have plastic lenses that you ask for them or vise-versa or they will assume you want glass lenses which are way to heavy for me. Hope this works out for your area. I know so little about the workings of VA and you all are on the ball! Good luck, Carolyn

e4766

USA

Spc 5/Big Red One

Company A

1st/5th ARTY

Fire Direction Center

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use