VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking Fora Good Vso Tampa/st Petersburg Florida Area

Rate this question

slphelan

Question

I currently have an appeal to the Regional Office in St Petersburg and have elected to have DRO hearing. Dr. Bash is preparing my IMO for IBS, Lumbar Strain, Migraine headaches, Osteo arthritis of the back, and bilateral hips. I am looking for an experienced VSO in the Tampa/St Petersburg area to help me in the review of my cfile, IMO, in preparation for the hearing. I have not elected a VSO but in the letter from the Regional Office they have assigned one to me and I would like to interview ananksd select my on. I have read that some oare good and some just do the job. Any help will be greatly appreciated. slphelan@hotmail.com

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

http://www.va.gov/vbs/bva/annual_rpt.htm

The BVA CHairman's annual reports hold the stats on success rates of the Vet orgs by year.

If you go to just www.va.gov/ link they have a VSO directory there-

unfortunately it is hard to determine who is good and who isnt-maybe someone here knows a good one in your locale.

As long as you could send VARO what they asked for in the VCAA letter you got (and hopefully Dr. Bash's opinion will help you) you will be OK-

reps and VSOs dont win claims- medical evidence does.

I have 2 IMos from Dr. Bash and am very happy with them.

He will need your SMrs and all medical records.

Is this claim to increase the 10%?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are eligible to have an attorney I would get one for the hearing. I am from Tampa and I don't know any VSO's worth their salt. You can always get one to go with you to the DRO, but have you claim organized and ready to win on your own. As Berta says, it is evidence that wins claims not some VSO. Don't let them talk you out of an appeal if you don't get what you want. You don't need a VSO for a DRO hearing. These hearings usually last 15 minutes. Get your spouse to go with you.

Thanks for the info. The IMO is for the denied claims for my headaches, IBS, and ankle. He has my SMR, C-File and is in the process of reviewing that information now. My concern was that I was to meet with this appointed VSO 1 hour prior to the Hearing and I had not met with him about my claim in the past. Have filed most of the paperwork and NOD myself. I am a Physicain Assistant and went for the IMO as alot of my previous treatment was self treatment both inservice and out so my nexus would need to show the connection.

http://www.va.gov/vbs/bva/annual_rpt.htm

The BVA CHairman's annual reports hold the stats on success rates of the Vet orgs by year.

If you go to just www.va.gov/ link they have a VSO directory there-

unfortunately it is hard to determine who is good and who isnt-maybe someone here knows a good one in your locale.

As long as you could send VARO what they asked for in the VCAA letter you got (and hopefully Dr. Bash's opinion will help you) you will be OK-

reps and VSOs dont win claims- medical evidence does.

I have 2 IMos from Dr. Bash and am very happy with them.

He will need your SMrs and all medical records.

Is this claim to increase the 10%?