Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed For Ssdi And Odd Job Question

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What does the ssa look for regards employment while applying for ssdi? An official resignation for tax purposes would be my guess, but I am not sure. SSDI app is in progress so I was just a'wonderin if I fergot something.

Thanks,

CG

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

CG, It is kind of like the VA assking for a copy of the old DD214. If a person has a BCD (Big Chicken Dinner) or a Dishonorable discharge, the buck stops there.

With SSA they look and see if you are working. If a person is, then the buck stops there. They know your earnings history and you have to tell themt he last day you worked. In many cases, That will be your Effective date. There are some rules that cover working and earnings that a disabled person can earn.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gotcha. I was wonderin; I dont have a formal statement and was curious. Seeing its sooner or later a person 'may' get ssdi, how does one survive meanwhile? I am stumped.

thanks a bunch!

cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Cowgirl,While I don't advise this, the rules are substantial gainful employment and they say that is more than 900 a month, however, if you get SSD that amount goes to 600/mo. Its tricky and you have to know how to read there rules.They have a copy of your taxable earnings and they know the last time you worked. The time starts from the first of the month following an application--If you file Jan 1 it doesn't start until 1 Feb. If you filed jan 15 it starts 1 feb. If you filed 30 Jan it starts 1 feb.Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Other areas to consider if you are working for a company is if they have offered either longor short term disability.

These policies usually last for 2 years.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Gotcha. I was wonderin; I dont have a formal statement and was curious. Seeing its sooner or later a person 'may' get ssdi, how does one survive meanwhile? I am stumped.

thanks a bunch!

cg

In another post somewhere in the netherland of Hadit, I recommended that if we know a young active duty guy or gal the best thing we could do is tell them to prepare while young for a disability type retirement. Not telling them to do it, but simply explain the need to prepare themselves financially just in case life takes a wrong turn for them. Explain to them that for some reason, that although govt disability retirement systems, SSDI, VA, FERS etc are some of the best in the world, they all expect you to starve and lose anything and everything they have worked for during the past years while waiting to be approved for them. It is almost like each one of the systems require this suffering in order to prove ones self worthy. I guess it is like getting the "ring" of the brotherhood and without the ring you just ain't getting in!!!!