VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro "reportedly" Has Appeal File

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

I have submitted new and material evidence since a DRO issued a denial SSOC. I also have submitted a form 9. I was told today by a VSR (1-800) that the diary in VACOLS shows my c-file is with a DRO (again) and that the diary entry includes a suspense date of 13 Aug 08.

I'm hoping the end is in sight or at least a new SSOC will be issued--what do ya'll think?

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Ron, I hope my DRO don't get loaned to your VARO and she finds out you know me. Boy will you be in for the long haul hahahahahahahahahaha.

Nah it just takes time.

Actually, my DRO did mention something about a claimant in northern Alabama... B)

Soooooo? Man, I hope this don't sound to crazy, so your saying your "Determination letter" is a form of SOC? I thought the SOC came with a form #9, which I never got just a "Determination letter" and filed a NOD on that. You know what's strange I have yet to see it happen to someone else here on the Board.

Hi Rich,

I pulled out my VA files and found that my documentation is exactly like yours. I did not receive a document that was entitled "Statement of Case" until it arrived with the Form 9, just as in your case.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ron

Hi Rich,

I pulled out my VA files and found that my documentation is exactly like yours. I did not receive a document that was entitled "Statement of Case" until it arrived with the Form 9, just as in your case.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ron

Rich - that is the way of the land. If they deny any part of your original claim on an issue all you will get is a decision letter. You WILL NOT get a SOC until at the end of the NOD. After the SOC issued then all others issued by the VARO will be termed SSOC or supplemental statement of the case. The VBA only issues letters - no SOC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Is there ever a way to request a SOC or is that against the regulations too?

Just a'wanderin here,

CG

Rich - that is the way of the land. If they deny any part of your original claim on an issue all you will get is a decision letter. You WILL NOT get a SOC until at the end of the NOD. After the SOC issued then all others issued by the VARO will be termed SSOC or supplemental statement of the case. The VBA only issues letters - no SOC.