Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Recieved Ssdi Approval

Rate this question

TheSpleen

Question

After just under 5 years I finally recieved my SSDI approval. :rolleyes:

I went through the whole 9 yards all the way to appealing the judges denial and having it overturned in my favor. Not seen any money yet but waiting.

I was glad to find this forum and this is my first post.

After all I been through fighting social security I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

although lawyers did most the work. I lost everything I owned literally while waiting

but now I get 3 years of that wait in backpay. (They wouldn't give it all)

Gene USN

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Gene, I am sorry to hear you are still getting the run around.

Have you checked with your local office or wherever you filled?

I was fortunate and got total SSDI with my first application amd claim process. I did it my mail and phone with the application. Have the physical and receivd my pay and retro in about 3 months. Unlike the VA the SS personel I dealt with were honest and caring people. Good luck. Call those you have dealt with.

Yes local office told me they know nothing until payment office is through with it.

and they refused to give me a number to check on it, She said she would shoot em a memo though.

3 months now and not a cent :mellow:

I don't know when they said your disability started but you won't get any money for 6 months from the start of your disability that was determined by the SS office.

I filed Jan 8, 2008 I did not get my first check until Aug 16, 2008 I was approved for SS in 4/08. My case went to review for 2 months. I got my approval letter in June 08. SS determined my date of disability to be Jan 08, my last date of work was 12/07.

Good Luck and congratulations, it will come soon.

I don't know when they said your disability started but you won't get any money for 6 months from the start of your disability that was determined by the SS office.

I filed Jan 8, 2008 I did not get my first check until Aug 16, 2008 I was approved for SS in 4/08. My case went to review for 2 months. I got my approval letter in June 08. SS determined my date of disability to be Jan 08, my last date of work was 12/07.

Good Luck and congratulations, it will come soon.

The onset is in 2004.

Lawyer told me this week that she got a letter in September stating it was sent back to the appeals court judge fir final approval. She said few win on appeals level and it has to go back to them for some kind of final approval now. So hopefully anytime now.