VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mmpi Test Indicates A Schizoid Personality

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I believe I read someplace, that being a Schizophrenic and having a schizoid personality run hand in hand, that is to say, that if you are diagnosed with schizophrenia, it runs true that you would also have a schizoid personality and visa versa. If you have been found to have a schizoid personality, then it follows that you are likely to be schizophrenic as well.

I wish I had printed out this document when I first read it. I think I saved it to my old hard drive, but I lost all the data when the old hard drive failed. Of course my memory isn't all that good either and I could be remembering it wrong.

Does anyone or has anyone ever read anything concerning the relationship each might have with the other?

Rockhound Rider :D

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DMS IV) has a search feature for those terms at:

http://allpsych.com/disorders/dsm.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Having a schizoid personality is a PD. You won't get compensation for that. Having residuals of schizophrenia is compensable. Big difference! You need some kind of disagnosis that says schizophrenia.

If Mother Theresa were to take that damned MMPI test the

results would probably show that she asked Ted Bundy to

rape and then murder her ! The MMPI is the biggest biased

test I have ever seen and I thought VA had stopped using it.

Does anyone know if the MMPI test is still used by VA ? ?

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think the VA does give the MMPI because it costs money to give it and it costs to interpret it. Better just to have a resident make a snap judgement. The MMPI has all kinds of devices to see if a person is trying to make their symptoms seem worse or less bad. They ask the same questions over and over with slight differences in wording. They give more weight to the less obvious answers to questions rather than the ones that ask you if you see or hear things that other people can't hear. I think psychiatry is just the prescribing of pills these days. I don't see how anyone can really evaluate a person in a 15 minute QTC style exam.