VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Wonder If Congress Knows About This Va Directive On Veterans Medical Records?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I Wonder if Congress Knows About This VA Directive on Veterans Medical Records?

“VHA Directive 2007-024, dated September 11, 2007 restricts the VA physician to providing a descriptive statement in the medical record regarding the current status of the veteran’s existing medical condition, disease or injury, including prognosis and degree of function.”

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/VADirective.htm

Kelley

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing new to many of us liberty. Business as usual. I just hate the thought of our brain injuried returning troops,taking years to put it together while they stumble through life with the DVA helping them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess too many vets were getting their VA doctors to write letters for them with nexus statements. I guess the VA doctor should ignore the secondary conditions to DMII and just pretend there is no connection between them. I mentioned my cataracts to the optomologist at the VA and she denied there could be any connection between them and DMII. That is just malpractice in my opinion. The VA training letter says cataracts and DMII are very likely related. We know this directive comes from the top and is just about money. It does corrupt the doctor/patient relationship when they cannot make an opinion about a nexus that is obvious to a medical student. The right way, the VA way or the highway.