Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huntington/the Waiting Game?

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

I just made a call to the Appeals Management Center. I was told that my claim is in Huntington ready to be rated. I had a Psych C&P done on 8/6 and my physical C&P done on 8/8. I want to go to the VAMC here in Dallas and get copies of that. My claim from 2002 was re-opened and remanded back to the RO back in June. So things are moving pretty fast. I have a warm/fuzzy feeling that this may be 'it'. Both exams went really well. Ironically I received a letter from a study that is being done for women vets who suffered sexual trauma/assault. I joined the study the following week. He saw that and asked me about it. Wanted to know if I called them. I told him no they called me, Im hoping that is good that I joined this group.

Before I ramble any further and confuse everyone, my question is this, Should I just wait it out since things seem to be moving pretty fast or should I go to the VAMC and get a copy of my C&P? My psych C&P examiner said that I should be hearing something in about six to eight weeks. But I was wondering how he could know that. He isnt directly tied to the board. right? Im curious to know what they said.

I think from reading on the boards that Huntington is a pretty good place to be. Or maybe I just read the 'good' posts LOL

Anyway, I hope this warm and fuzzy means a decent rating. My SO doesnt give me the feeling that Im wasting my time. He was very good with me at my hearing. He called me last week and left a vmail and said to just 'hang in there' and 'hold on'. He advised me to get a letter from my VA doc this time, which I did in 02/08. My doc wrote it with no problem and detailed everything that I am being treated for.

I pray that this time it works in my favor. Thanks for 'listening'. txcooper

70% S/C PTSD/with MDD due to MST

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I just made a call to the Appeals Management Center. I was told that my claim is in Huntington ready to be rated. I had a Psych C&P done on 8/6 and my physical C&P done on 8/8. I want to go to the VAMC here in Dallas and get copies of that. My claim from 2002 was re-opened and remanded back to the RO back in June. So things are moving pretty fast. I have a warm/fuzzy feeling that this may be 'it'. Both exams went really well. Ironically I received a letter from a study that is being done for women vets who suffered sexual trauma/assault. I joined the study the following week. He saw that and asked me about it. Wanted to know if I called them. I told him no they called me, Im hoping that is good that I joined this group.

Before I ramble any further and confuse everyone, my question is this, Should I just wait it out since things seem to be moving pretty fast or should I go to the VAMC and get a copy of my C&P? My psych C&P examiner said that I should be hearing something in about six to eight weeks. But I was wondering how he could know that. He isnt directly tied to the board. right? Im curious to know what they said.

I think from reading on the boards that Huntington is a pretty good place to be. Or maybe I just read the 'good' posts LOL

Anyway, I hope this warm and fuzzy means a decent rating. My SO doesnt give me the feeling that Im wasting my time. He was very good with me at my hearing. He called me last week and left a vmail and said to just 'hang in there' and 'hold on'. He advised me to get a letter from my VA doc this time, which I did in 02/08. My doc wrote it with no problem and detailed everything that I am being treated for.

I pray that this time it works in my favor. Thanks for 'listening'. txcooper

1994andcouting,

It is just my opinion, but I would definitely want a copy of those

two C&P's just for your own records.

You said the AMC told you your claim was in Huntington.

I am trying to get a grasp on what you are saying.

My brain is shot sometimes.

I went to the BVA and was remanded to the AMC. I am going to assume

this is what happpened to you.

Did you get a decision from the AMC or the BVA stating a grant of

service connection.

I could be wrong, but this is the way my claim went.

BVA remanded to AMC and back to the BVA and then to the R.O for

rating.

After the R.O received my claim March 4, 2008, I had my percentage

rating from the rater at the R.O May 8, 2008.

I hope I didn't confuse you more.

My claim was at Huntington also.

Betty

Betty, thanks for your response. I confuse myself all the time LOL, maybe this will help.

I originally filed in 1994. Had no idea what the heck I was doing and was denied twice (94 and 97). Went back in 02 was denied again because I still had no idea what I was doing., they SAY I was basically submitting the same evidence again (I dont agree with that and once I really get a grasp and read hadit more I will see if that is true.)

I finally decided in 2004 to get some help. Got all my information in order and contacted the Texas Veterans Commission. Finally had a hearing in September 2005 with the RO in Waco to reopen my 02 claim. That was denied so we appealed and in December 2007 my claim was sent to the BVA on appeal. In February 2008, I finally got up enough nerve to ask my VA doctor to write a staement for me. He did and agreed that Fibromyalgia and depression are service connected. I submitted that letter to TVC and he forwarded it on to the BVA on my behalf. Ever since then the wheels have been in high gear. The BVA allowed my claim to be reopened and remanded it back to the RO for further development in June 2008. I had the two C&P exams on the dates I provided.

I know its a lot and I apologize in advance if I confuse anyone. That is why I hadnt really posted much about my case because its so confusing. Its my fault because initially when I filed the person that was 'guiding' me led me right into a VA brick wall (FLAT OUT DENIAL). My DD214 states that I was released due to a Personality Disorder/other physical mental conditions (whatever the Heck that means) the original 'helper' said that just on that alone I should have filed, I did (with no knowledge of how things worked or anything.........and here I am since 1994 and counting.....................sigh........

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

You could go get a copy but that is about it, these things take time and it looks as though yours is progressing along.

As far as the Huntington RO goes I had very good luck with them, some have not, but I know it helped to be within 20 min drive as they knew me by first name before it was over.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

Josephine,

You could go get a copy but that is about it, these things take time and it looks as though yours is progressing along.

As far as the Huntington RO goes I had very good luck with them, some have not, but I know it helped to be within 20 min drive as they knew me by first name before it was over.

Thanks, I want to believe that this thing is winding down. It has been over 14 years of agony and yes I have given up. I stopped going to the VA for a long time because I was so angry. But now i realize I hurt my claim more by not going for therapy, etc.

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty, thanks for your response. I confuse myself all the time LOL, maybe this will help.

I originally filed in 1994. Had no idea what the heck I was doing and was denied twice (94 and 97). Went back in 02 was denied again because I still had no idea what I was doing., they SAY I was basically submitting the same evidence again (I dont agree with that and once I really get a grasp and read hadit more I will see if that is true.)

I finally decided in 2004 to get some help. Got all my information in order and contacted the Texas Veterans Commission. Finally had a hearing in September 2005 with the RO in Waco to reopen my 02 claim. That was denied so we appealed and in December 2007 my claim was sent to the BVA on appeal. In February 2008, I finally got up enough nerve to ask my VA doctor to write a staement for me. He did and agreed that Fibromyalgia and depression are service connected. I submitted that letter to TVC and he forwarded it on to the BVA on my behalf. Ever since then the wheels have been in high gear. The BVA allowed my claim to be reopened and remanded it back to the RO for further development in June 2008. I had the two C&P exams on the dates I provided.

I know its a lot and I apologize in advance if I confuse anyone. That is why I hadnt really posted much about my case because its so confusing. Its my fault because initially when I filed the person that was 'guiding' me led me right into a VA brick wall (FLAT OUT DENIAL). My DD214 states that I was released due to a Personality Disorder/other physical mental conditions (whatever the Heck that means) the original 'helper' said that just on that alone I should have filed, I did (with no knowledge of how things worked or anything.........and here I am since 1994 and counting.....................sigh........

You are doing fine. It takes a lot to catch on to the VA way of doing

things.

I would still like to have a copy of those C&P's for my own record.

I am sure they are fine, but I would still want them.

Good the BVA remanded you back to the R. O, which would be

Huntington or Waco?

I am not sure yet, where the AMC is coming into your claim?

Having had the two C&P" the first of the month, do you know

if they were routed to Waco or Huntington?

It is Summer months and lots of vacations being taken.

This slows the claim down some.

So they tell me.

Believe me this is the place to come to for help in winning your

claim.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

You are doing fine. It takes a lot to catch on to the VA way of doing

things.

I would still like to have a copy of those C&P's for my own record.

I am sure they are fine, but I would still want them.

Good the BVA remanded you back to the R. O, which would be

Huntington or Waco?

I am not sure yet, where the AMC is coming into your claim?

Having had the two C&P" the first of the month, do you know

if they were routed to Waco or Huntington?

It is Summer months and lots of vacations being taken.

This slows the claim down some.

So they tell me.

Believe me this is the place to come to for help in winning your

claim.

Betty

I have been lurking around hadit.com for years so I am in total agreement with you on that statement. :-)

The RO part is confusing, originally I thought it meant Waco but when I called them they said the it is in appeals and they cant 'see' anything. So when I called AMC they told me that it was in Huntington because they are "helping out". If I understand it , my information was sent to Huntington.

I am going to go to the VAMC and get a copy of the C&P on Monday. Thanks again.