Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pete53, Carlie, Wings, Berta

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Hey Family, The bandages came off today and Pete was wrong, I do not look pretty, it is horrible, the incision is infected and that side of my face is all red. I do not know if this was caused by service connection, can't get the Doc to give me the medical term so I can see if it had anything to do with AO or what. The question is should I try to file a claim or what action if any should be taken?????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

VT,

I am sorry I too do not have the knowledge to assist you with a claim

on this, or know the answers, but I will pray that all will be well

with you.

Again, I am extremely sorry,

Betty

Tanker,

If your incision(s) is infected...can you get to the doc quickly (Urgent Care, ER) to get some antibiotics to take care of it? That might be what is causing the redness as well. I've had one of my many incisions get infected and it made all the surrounding area red and icky.

Please take good care,

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

John, Go to the VA Emergency Romm and demand treatment; like the vets have said, you probably need antibiotics.

Don't know if you have any herb "comfrey" nearby, but the bruised leaves heated on the stove make a very good heat pack (comfrey compress). Make sure your wash cloths are very clean.

If you can't find Comfrey, use organic red clover blossems. Make a strong hot tea, soak your white washcloth or clean white rag in the clover or comfrey, or both, and pack the herbs in your cloth --and apply . . . AHHHH, nice and hot but not scalding, Air dry, repeat!

You can also get a bottle of garlic (unsented) pills for abot 3-4 dollars and start taking them; they work almost as good as antibiotic.

You will heal brother, it's the shock of seeing the wound . . . Make some herbal compress, they really work.

File the Claim when you are feeling better!

All My Relations, ~Wings

For what it is worth, I get the same thing after most proceedures. Mine comes from Staph infections. Comfrey and red clover ameliorate the pain and swelling.

If it is some Military related infection YOU NEED ANTIBIOTIC HELP I have a perpetual staph infection in my ears, skin, face, )scrotum edges( that hurts

bad, behind the ears etc.

See the Doc soon....If the first one wont help see more and more till you get help.....

Arch