Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Again !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

I received a large brown envelope that said their decision was as follows:

1. Entitlement to individual unemployability is denied.

2. Service connection for erectile dysfunction is denied.

3. Service connection for post traumatic stress disorder (also claimed as anxiety

disorder) is denied.

4. The issue of your SC heart condition (Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia) which is

under appeal will be addressed separately.

The VA is telling me that they need evidence of my current PTSD and anxiety disorder as well as evidence showing a connection between my PTSD and anxiety disorder disability and my service connected heart condition (which is Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia. I guess they don't consider the fact that I have been under the care of the VA Phsychiatrist and VA Phsychologist for the past 2 years with plenty of documentation to show that they have been treating me for PTSD and depression and anxiety disorder.

"As of this date we have received no evidence that your PTSD or anxiety disorder is due to your service connected disability alone. We also do not have any evidence associating your service connected disability of Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia with your heart attack on January 25, 2006."

I am not sure how I am going to find a link or connection that they are asking for. I am living on SSDI and can not afford an IMO from a private doctor.

Hopefully someone can help me to figure this one out.

Thanks in advance, Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Print off THIS FORM, fill it out, and have your VA MH doc sign it. Then send it in to the VARO with either a NOD, or with a 21-4138 to reopen the claim. You can do the same thing for your TDIU and ED claims, but you'll probably need your VA PCP or VA cardiac to sign those.

EDIT: I just noticed that you are 0% sc'd. It's going to be very difficult to obtain TDIU until you have the prerequisite ratings of a single disability rated at least 60%, or a combined rating of at least 70% with one single disability rated at 40% or higher. I'm guessing you're trying to get the heart condition sc'd at 60% or higher.

Edited by rentalguy1

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have any combat awards? That would be stong stressor for PTSD. If not you are going to have to demonstrate your stressor with proof.

Do you have any combat awards? That would be stong stressor for PTSD. If not you are going to have to demonstrate your stressor with proof.

john999, no I don't have any combat awards. The only proof are the VA doctors notes that they are treating me for these different things.

Print off THIS FORM, fill it out, and have your VA MH doc sign it. Then send it in to the VARO with either a NOD, or with a 21-4138 to reopen the claim. You can do the same thing for your TDIU and ED claims, but you'll probably need your VA PCP or VA cardiac to sign those.

EDIT: I just noticed that you are 0% sc'd. It's going to be very difficult to obtain TDIU until you have the prerequisite ratings of a single disability rated at least 60%, or a combined rating of at least 70% with one single disability rated at 40% or higher. I'm guessing you're trying to get the heart condition sc'd at 60% or higher.

rentalguy1, thanks for the info. I think my vso is going to file a NOD. Supposed to call next week and sit down with her and plan our strategy.

Yes, I am still 0% sc. I am trying to get any rating and work my way up from there. I'm at least trying to get my 10% back that they took away from me over 40 years ago. Stay tuned.

• HadIt.com Elder

I see that they are saying that:

"As of this date we have received no evidence that your PTSD or anxiety disorder is due to your service connected disability alone."

You need to simply sit down with you psych doctor and ask him/her if they could simply state:

"Veteran Joe's Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder is due to his Service Connected heart disorder and the anxiety and depression that such a heart condition can cause."

If you have NO documented "stressor event(s)" then you will probably NOT ever get a PTSD "award". I, myself, personally, would spend my time and energy getting service connected due to my heart conditon having caused my anxiety and MDD. MOF, I'd almost consider forgetting about the "anxiety" and focusing upon the MDD. If it can be shown (a simple form such as rentaldude has provided you will work wonderfully) that you indeed suffer from MDD and that the psych doc thinks that the MDD is connected to your SC'd heart condition (and that, medically, is NO stretch of the imagination, but, instead is very viably medically probable for it is KNOWN and SHOWN in medical literature, world-wide, to be an almost medical certainty that if you suffer from chronic heart disease, then you WILL suffer from Major Depressive Disorder).

Heck, it'd be DEPRESSING to me to wake up in the middle of the night, wondering if my ticker was still ticking.......!

Of course, this is just my own, personal, observations and should NOT be construed as me having spent the night in the Holiday Inn Express.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

I see that they are saying that:

"As of this date we have received no evidence that your PTSD or anxiety disorder is due to your service connected disability alone."

You need to simply sit down with you psych doctor and ask him/her if they could simply state:

"Veteran Joe's Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder is due to his Service Connected heart disorder and the anxiety and depression that such a heart condition can cause."

If you have NO documented "stressor event(s)" then you will probably NOT ever get a PTSD "award". I, myself, personally, would spend my time and energy getting service connected due to my heart conditon having caused my anxiety and MDD. MOF, I'd almost consider forgetting about the "anxiety" and focusing upon the MDD. If it can be shown (a simple form such as rentaldude has provided you will work wonderfully) that you indeed suffer from MDD and that the psych doc thinks that the MDD is connected to your SC'd heart condition (and that, medically, is NO stretch of the imagination, but, instead is very viably medically probable for it is KNOWN and SHOWN in medical literature, world-wide, to be an almost medical certainty that if you suffer from chronic heart disease, then you WILL suffer from Major Depressive Disorder).

Heck, it'd be DEPRESSING to me to wake up in the middle of the night, wondering if my ticker was still ticking.......!

Of course, this is just my own, personal, observations and should NOT be construed as me having spent the night in the Holiday Inn Express.

LarryJ, I am trying to get an appt with my VA Phsychologist and my private Cardiologist. Unless I can get my heart condition, and especially my SC heart condition connected with my heart attack and associated problems like depression and anxiety, the VA will just keep denying my claims.

I will need some doctor to say that all my conditions are connected to my SC heart condition. Thanks for your help. Brian