Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closed Claim

Rate this question

Question

Has anyone ever had this happen, I talked to a V.A. counselor a clam on a bilateral on my ankles and he told me I all ready had the bilateral, which i did not have and I told him that and again he said I did, he told me I had it and he would close the clam on my ankles, at which I told him if I had the bilateral, he could close the clam. about a week later I got a letter from the V.A. saying I said they could close the clam and I did not want he bilateral which was wrong. i call the V.A. counselor and told them what had happened and she said there was nothing she could do, so I told her I was going to call my congressmen at which time she said she could reopen the clam, clam was never reopened.

I called V.A. counselor and they told me I had no clam on file I have 5, I called the American legion my rep, and he said my clams had been canceled and are not open at this time all though 3 week ago I got a appeal letter asking for more info on my clam. I have to go to little rock and talk to the V.A. counselor in the morning, in person and find out what is going on, just thought I would ask I anyone had any problems like this.

THANKS KEN

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What are your dates? When did you file? When did you receive any info from anyone? Written? Telephone? Did you get the VA reps name who called you? When did you sign your POA with AL?

Call ahead before you drive to yor VARO.

I did to get my SMR' after 5 requests and they knew I was coming there, as they gave me the directions. Drove 157 miles and they told me copy machine was broken, but I could look at all 3 ft of them. After 30 min they said times up we can't afford to have a rep sit with you while you look through them. Requested manager and they said YOU WILL GET COPIES IN A FEW DAYS! I got the copies in 5 days.

Now can you imagine a VARO 4 stories tall with only 1 copy machine. What a bunch of bull.