VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Payment Deined

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

David, who at the VA made the referral and how long ago(time frame) ?? I personnally would go(or call) the fee basis office or eligibility office immediately...William

The VA sent me to a civilian pain clinic for treatment. Now, I get a letter in the mail saying they won't pay for it. I have 1 year to appeal. What should I do first?

Go the your VAMC where they referred you and go to the freedom of information office and see if that visit was noted and also that they referred you out. Like the other vet said, get to the fee basis folks and explain the situation to them. Make sure you have the name of the person who referred you out. If you had someone with you (your wife??) she can offer testimony that the VA referred you out of the VAMC. Good luck Q

What they said. Before getting anything done by a real i.e. civilian doc, the fee-basis office must do the approval paperwork in advance and then call you and give you the go-ahead.

I always get a copy of that paperwork from their office before going to any civilian doc. (Even though they have tried to tell me I'm not allowed to have it!!!......wrong).

I hope you can find something in your records to say you were referred to a civilian doc. Best of luck with this & take good care,