Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bone Density Loss?

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does bone density loss have any relation to Gulf War Illness? I've researched the medications being taken and none of them appear to be causing bone density loss. I've not been able to find any cause for it. The VA diagnosed this and prescribed calcium, BUT, he has kidney problems and can't have too much calcium. I'm having a minor freak out sorry for rambling. The basic question is has there ever been a link between Gulf War Illness and early bone density loss?!

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the bone loss is serious there are a lot better treatments than just calcium. There are medications to prevent bone loss. The VA is probably just being cheap. Bone loss leads to fractures and lots of bad stuff. It can be prevented and reversed if treated correctly. We all lose bone denisty as we age. That is what indirectly kills many older people, but it is bad at any age. Most people who fall and break hips suffer this injury due to bone loss. If their bones were stong the would not break the hip.

• HadIt.com Elder

John, I'm wondering about early bone density loss. My husband has always taken a daily vitamin, he drinks a large amount of milk even with his kidney problems, and now he is told he has bone density loss. (I think they called it osteopenia sic?) I just don't know what to do. Never had to deal with anything like this.

If the bone loss is serious there are a lot better treatments than just calcium. There are medications to prevent bone loss. The VA is probably just being cheap. Bone loss leads to fractures and lots of bad stuff. It can be prevented and reversed if treated correctly. We all lose bone denisty as we age. That is what indirectly kills many older people, but it is bad at any age. Most people who fall and break hips suffer this injury due to bone loss. If their bones were stong the would not break the hip.

SouthernBelle

• HadIt.com Elder

Take your husband to a real doctor and ask this question. There are answers. Some people cannot absorb the calcium no matter how much they take without help from some medication.

• HadIt.com Elder

We don't think he's having problems with absorbing the calcium because he has had kidney problems from calcium. (Am I making sense? I feel like I'm not) We've called his VA PCP to get answers and she has yet to return a call. I'll keep calling until she calls us back.

Take your husband to a real doctor and ask this question. There are answers. Some people cannot absorb the calcium no matter how much they take without help from some medication.

SouthernBelle

I have been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis; I was diagnosed one year ago and the private Dr’s I have diagnosed me clearly stated it was from the Carbon tetra clholrahydrate, I was instructed to follow the page I have linked here, I just had a dexa scan this month and it was noted I have started to reverse this problem. The red rice yeast and calcium at 600 mg and vitamin d at 400 mg twice a day, also I have increased my magnesium intake. Read the whole article and you will see soda pop as well milk is not to be used. I sure I hope this helps you as it has helped me, I found out the hard way when I kept breaking bones in my hand and wrist. I did source out the drugs to another company because of the high cost however the blueprint provided is a good source of information, as for what depleted uranium may cause is beyond me I am sure it will be just like agent orange we will not know until it is to late.

Jack

http://www.health-reports.com/Osteoporosis.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Jack, I will be speaking to his PCP about this suggestion!

I have been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis; I was diagnosed one year ago and the private Dr's I have diagnosed me clearly stated it was from the Carbon tetra clholrahydrate, I was instructed to follow the page I have linked here, I just had a dexa scan this month and it was noted I have started to reverse this problem. The red rice yeast and calcium at 600 mg and vitamin d at 400 mg twice a day, also I have increased my magnesium intake. Read the whole article and you will see soda pop as well milk is not to be used. I sure I hope this helps you as it has helped me, I found out the hard way when I kept breaking bones in my hand and wrist. I did source out the drugs to another company because of the high cost however the blueprint provided is a good source of information, as for what depleted uranium may cause is beyond me I am sure it will be just like agent orange we will not know until it is to late.

Jack

http://www.health-reports.com/Osteoporosis.html

SouthernBelle