Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Re-evaluation

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

Hello to all. I have a question. I just got a letter in the mail from the VA saying I was going to be scheduled for a C&P exam for my SC disability (ptsd). This will be a exam to re evaluate my current level of disability. I am currently 70% ptsd, 10% tennitus, 10% hand. I received my initial rating for ptsd in sep 06. What is this about?

I filed a claim for GERD and was denied, the mailbox had both denial letter and ptsd re exam. Does this happen to anyone else?

Iam on a whole lot of meds...trazadone, lorazapan, quietpine, sertaline, prozasin...any help or suggestions will help my anxiety levels

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well anytime you apply for an additional claim, you open yourself up to further exams on your existing conditions. Now that could be to the good of you or bad depending on how you look at it. Sept. 06 has been two years. While a little quick, I hope you have been keeping your appointments, and going to your local Vet Center. These are the types of actions that will show that you still have the issue with PTSD. Unfotuantely, if you haven't been diligent in your attendance at these sort of things, it could be trouble, but then again, it depends on your reports and such. Good luck.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.

Just be calm. As has already been stated if you have maintain your treatment for PTSD you have nothing to worry about. Still even if you have not you may not have anything to worry about. Based upon the meds you take the PTSD is surely not cured as some may think it can be hahahahahahaa.

Most of these exams are simply bring up type exams and go a lot quicker than the initial one. Just relax and explain how the disability affects your life and those around you. You will more than likely be ok.

Edited by Ricky

I have been going to all my MH appts. I have asked my supervisor, instead of writing me up or sending me home from work again, can he please write the va and give a report or eval on my job performance. I really want to keep my job. It is the only thing I have left. I am sure that my employer is very tired of me and this problem. That is what I want the va to know. It is very difficult to go to work everyday, I am tired and feel drugged all the time.

• HadIt.com Elder

Who do you work for? Do you have disability retirement at your employer? When they send you home or write you up the employer is creating a TDIU claim for you. If you are 70% for PTSD and your employer fires you then you apply for TDIU. Do you work for the Feds? They are idiots. If you want to keep working buy yourself a disability insurance plan if possible so your company does fire you due to your disability or you are just unable to continue to work you will be able to get that money. I had disability insurance when my idiot employer fired me. Not only did I collect the insurance but I filed for workers compensation. Just keep getting treatment and document all the abuses your employer does to you like writing you up for being disabled or for your PTSD symptoms.

Ok,I went to my C&P today. I checked in 30 minutes early as stated on the letter,which I got in the mail yesterday. Surprisingly enough, I felt it went ok. The examiner had my C&P examine from Sep 06 and was briefly using it as,"does this still happen or bother you" type questions. I asked her why I had to have another exam so fast (2 yrs exactly). she gave me the VA story line....about how the va wants to ensure I was rated correctly and if my SC got worse, better or stayed the same. I also had a letter from my supervisor that I gave her (the examiner). She was nice and polite, but wanted to talk about things that were really difficult for me to talk about. It almost reminded me of the C&P last month I had, except it turned out bad. I got my denial letter in the mail the same day I got my New Re exam c&p. I did however tell her that my stomach was bothering...hitting on the last c&p I had. (Gerd), wastold by the VA raters that my problem was not chronic, however I have been on meds and was sent for an endoscopy, which revealed GERD, hernia, and an ulcer. Sorry got of on a tangent. I was told by the examiner that I would be getting a letter from the va in a month regarding this C&P. She did ask me if I thought I was doing about the same , worse or better over the past 2 years. I replied" I feel like some things are much worse, other than that it is about the same. If anyone has a PTSD C&P exam comingup, I will be glad to give you some info on questions that were asked. I had all my meds with me also. Trazadone, lorazapam, quietapine, sertraline, prozasin. I am so glad it is over for now. I think I was having a panic attack while in the exam.

Has anyone ever had to do a re exam before, and what and how long did it take to know anything??

On another note, just curious, I am currently rated 70 % ptsd. Like I said , I had a re exam today for ptsd. If the examiner writes that I am doing worse, I.e. having trouble a work and such ect ect..,is it possible that they re rate me higher? I am afraid to be rated higher, simply because I still want to work. Work for me is therapy I think. Yes, I have trouble concentrating and doing my job. It is alot harder now than befor Iraq, but if I dont have a job, I absolutely have no life or purpose. Has anyone ever NOD with the va over a 100% rating? I know this sounds weird, but I really need a routine to help me. I told the examiner that even though I am having trouble at work (verified with letter from supervisor) I still need to go. she asked if I enjoyed work, and I told her no, I need a routine and a purpose and a reason to keep trying and not lose touch with reality.