VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email Response From Varo

Rate this question

Swan

Question

:D This is a first for me but has anyone ever received an email from their RO stating they received documents that were in relations to their claim and they are continuously working on it. I have put in numerous claims but this is the first time I have been contacted via email. Must be something new. It is nothing different than the computerized generated letter you receive by mail every so often because it clearly states you cannot reply to it. Just a way for them to cover their butts.

Swan :)

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Swan -I just love what you said here-

"Just a way for them to cover their butts"

To me that seems to sum up the whole claims process!

It also applies to some of their so -called medical care.

They cover their butts and also to do all they can to prevent YOUR money vets- from getting from the VA coffers into your checking accounts.

That is the crux of all of the claims process- money-and how the VA can withhold it from deserving vets.

It is the overriding and unstated prime feature behind every lousy denial and SOC.

Berta

It could be just as simple as the VA changing these Rating Officers again. They do that constantly to keep the claims going at a turtles pace. The New RO may be an email type of person. That would make some sense.

Swan,

Had you sent VA a question in email and they are responding, or did they just

email it on their own ? Do you know how they got your email address ?

carlie

You know Carlie, now that you mention it, I hand carried some documents to the Detroit VARO and the form I had to fill out required your email address. Apparently they are going to do away with the mail letter every so often and move it to cyber space. Makes much sense to save a penny.

Swan :D

• HadIt.com Elder

You notice that your medical treatment records are filled with CYA statements. The VA is much concerned with CYA and saving money than treating vets. It is the nature of the beast. Just give me Fee Base and my compensation and they could throw the whole VAMC into the river. I went to my local VAMC asking for celebrex and instead they gave me morphine. Consider the mentality behind that move with the fact that depression is one of my SC conditions.