Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Tb Misdiagnosis

Rate this question

Guest Morgan

Question

Guest Morgan

The VA doctors misdiagnosed a vet with TB. They reported the diagnosis to the state and the veteran had to start taking the mandatory medications. Private doctor says diagnosis not correct.

Now the state is on his doorstep again to force him to take more treatment for TB. He has shown them his private doctor's report, but still they insist he take this medication. Do any of you know how he might stop this?

Carrie

Edited by Morgan

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest Jim S.

Thyeir is another test for TB that can be used to rule out a false positive, If I did this write you can get information on it at this location,

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf/P010033b.pdf

I hope this may be of help. Oh ya, you will probably need a Acrobat PDF reader to access this site.

Jim S. :D

Edited by Jim S.

• HadIt.com Elder

there is a phljegm test they can do to rule it out, I test poitive on skin tests so I know the deal, the meds won't hurt him, my guess is they have him taking INH and rifampin if my memory serves me right, I had to take it for 2 years in 79-81 my ex gave it to me lol I think you should be able to make the state pay for it if the VA won;t....

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

He should write to the Governor's office and send a copy of this complaint to the state agency that is giving him a hard time---

(maybe the copy to the state should go first-to see what they will do)

he could put CC to the Govenor's copy on hold.

I suggest very strongly that this veteran based on what you said here:

"but has lost much of his eyesight and hearing and has other neurological problems from delayed treatment for this disease. "

He should file a Section 1151 claim- he needs to get his VA med rec copies first- then file it- as long as these are medically documented results of VA malpractice- he should do this- and I feel he should begin an action under the FTCA ( definitely needs to get those records first)

If the SF 95 form is needed -for the FTCA claim- post this as topic or something so I dont miss it- and I will attach-I cant attach to this fast reply-

This is an outrageous situation.

There is a stigma to TB and he is suffering from the stigma yet doesnt have the disease-

You might think I am nuts but- along with the Sec 1151 -I would even think he should file a claim for TB due to VA care and/or his service- that way they would HAVE to prove he doesnt have TB.

Men and Women I filed my SSOC response yesterday- on one claim and they are still fooling around-and not reading my other claims-

Their so-called medical opinion was easier to knock down that the ones I got in the 1990s-

scuttlebutt I got said this doctor was under EXTREME pressure- the opinion sure shows that-a past VA doctor revealed he had been under pressure too to write a bad opinion on my claim in 1996.

Someone mentioned the Hippocratic Oath here some time back-

Until Hippocratus himself signs their paychecks, VA doctors will do what the VA wants them to do on opinions.

I am just devastated continually by the VA care Rod got, deemed "substandard" by the VA itself.

I am literally exhaused of again looking at this 6 year long picture of chronic malpractice-

which started in 1988 with one misdiagnosis and then by 1992 the VA doctors in another hosp were definitely covering it up.

I have a log I kept then in 1992 writing down what they said and have sent these facts along with their actual entries-

and I resent some of the evidence they have but fail to read.

My point- VA screwed up yet at numerous points it could have changed-

In 1988 we were waiting for a clinic appt and we had read all the VFW and DAV mags and Rod got his c file thing off the shelf and said maybe I should read this-we had waited for hours but he was next-

the nurse ran over and chastised him terribly, saying you cant do that, PUT IT BACK-

good thing she didnt look like an Oriental-

We stupidly assumed he had no right to see his medical records.

It took a long time to realise that he could have gotten them- but then again- I didnt have the medical knowledge then then I do now- and Pres Clinton had stated many times-on TV that the VA was the BEST government run health care system in the world.

WHat this vet is going through is unconscionable -

My point is you have to really know what is what with your medical care-

One doc (since departed from the VA) said to me Rod might have AIDS-1992-I bust out laughing-at that one-it was one of 7 or 8 documented diagnoses she gave him in less than 2 weeks-

Some of these doctors are incompetent idiots.

You have to be fully aware of your care to be able to determine if your VA doc is one of them.

Edited by Berta