Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Letter From Different Ro

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I contacted the 1-800 number and asked to be sent a letter stating my current rating to use exchanges. I am currently rated at 100% T & P SC + SMC. I don't get any more letters from the RO asking if I am working when I was 100% due to IU.

I get a letter back from an RO in a different state stating that I am 100% , but this letter also said that I was to have a re-exam in October 2013. I contacted the 1-800 number again and I got a different RO and that rep told me to make a copy of the letter and send to my local RO. My last award letter said no future exams. I have heard from here on hadit that no future exams really doesn't mean that, and have read that many were given re-exams within a year or so.

Do you all think this is a type error? and if they were going to re-exam me why would they wait until 2013?

The VA never seems to amaze me. Thank you and God bless you all.

Bound4Heaven

Edited by Bound4heaven

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Based on what you said I believe that they sent you the wrong form letter but I would surely try and get it straightened out.

Do you have a Military ID Issued to P&T Veterans. You should get it if you don't

Bound-

You mention that you never get any more letters about being employed because you are 100% IU. Normally everyone who is 100% IU gets that letter every year.

Have you moved since your claim was decided? Have you ever had anything to do with that other state?

And yes, it's true that "permanent and total" doesn't mean squat. Apparently the VA has a 10-year clock. Will 2013 be around the 10-yr mark that your IU was awarded?

Did you misplace you original award letter...is this why you called the 1-800 #? If you have the original letter, you can just take it to your county VSO and he/she will type up the letter you need to get the base/post ID card.

I know that's alot of ?'s.....just trying to help.

Purple,

Thank you for your response. I was awarded 100% IU back in 2002 on that award letter it stated "No future exams" and then granted me chapter 35. In 2006 I asked for an increase on 3 of my disabilities and was granted loss of use of bi-feet and they granted all requests. My total rating at that time was over 180% and they granted me SMC, housing grant and car grant. They changed my rating from 100% IU to 100% sceduler.

I just spoke to a RO service rep via the 1-800 number. They were clueless, and told me to send a copy of the award that says "No future exams" with my letter I just got to my local RO. I have never been to South Carolina. Thank you. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Purple,

I made a mistake here. I was awarded 100 IU P&T on 2003. So the 10 year would make since if I was IU. However I am 100% Scheduler +SMC. It sounds like they have not updated their records at least in my claim. Do you al feel that would be accurate? Thank you. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Bound-

Be sure that whatever you send to your VARO, you send a copy, certified mail, return receipt requested. I hate to say it, but the majority of the time, calling the 1-800 # is a bad idea. Usually the number of times you call equals the amount of different answers you will receive...and none of them will be correct. The best way to correspond with the VA is in writing...that way there is no "he said/she said" type deal.

That letter that you have (the one saying you are 100% schedular) is the one you need to take to your county VA office and they can type up a more "user friendly" letter for you to use to obtain a base or post ID card. Get several *originals* of that letter and always carry one with you.

Yes, it could be that their records are wrong (what????? the VA wrong????? say it ain't so)...send them a copy of your 100% schedular award letter, certified and all that other good stuff.....yup, that 10-yr window matches.

Edited by purple