Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Letter From Different Ro

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I contacted the 1-800 number and asked to be sent a letter stating my current rating to use exchanges. I am currently rated at 100% T & P SC + SMC. I don't get any more letters from the RO asking if I am working when I was 100% due to IU.

I get a letter back from an RO in a different state stating that I am 100% , but this letter also said that I was to have a re-exam in October 2013. I contacted the 1-800 number again and I got a different RO and that rep told me to make a copy of the letter and send to my local RO. My last award letter said no future exams. I have heard from here on hadit that no future exams really doesn't mean that, and have read that many were given re-exams within a year or so.

Do you all think this is a type error? and if they were going to re-exam me why would they wait until 2013?

The VA never seems to amaze me. Thank you and God bless you all.

Bound4Heaven

Edited by Bound4heaven

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Bound, you reached a regional call center. I did the same thing and got a letter from Charleston SC.

Home RO is Louisville.

For the re-exam. The va can schedule one even if you are P and T provided they have reason.

My letter said 100 percent permanent and total and no future exams are to be scheduled.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Greetings,

I just sent a copy of my 2003 award letter stating "No Future exams" and a copy of the letter I just received. I sent them both to my local RO for clairfication. HoweverPurple is right in the 10 years exam for IU. However I am not IU. So we will see what the VA says. Thank you and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Purple,

I got a letter today from my local RO on this issue. They told me the letter I received from the other RO was wrong and apoligised. The letter they sent, "said I was 100% T&P and there were "No Future Exams" and the review in 2013 was a dependent review. I guess they review your dependents every so many years to make sure you are not receiving monies if they have moved out or ect. Thank you again & God bless.

Bound4Heaven