• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Lawyers

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

To anybody that can help me,

By myself I got an L rating on A & A & am 100 % Comped T & P

I have called 4 different VA Lawyers today & it seems none are interested or have never done an A & A claim before.

One told me he "Only worked on percentage cases" & I said " This claim goes back to 1997 & that will be a pretty big percentage if U can raise the rating which is now at an L"

I explained to every damn one of them I had a truck load of opinions from my VA Docs & they still weren't interested.

Am I to believe these VA Lawyers are like the SS Lawyers & will only take a case if it is a slam dunk?

Berta told me they can't take the L Award away from me if I NOD it so I guess I'll have to pursue this on my own.

Thank You

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They probably don't understand A&A claims. Keep looking until you find someone who understands that there is a payday in it for them if they win. That would be 20% of 11 years of backpay. Even a lawyer can add that up. That is good pay for just showing up with a brief and making a argument.

Gary,

You have done so well on your own - I have a feeling you - yourself can get the L raised

since you have the Medical Evidence.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Maybe their ears would perk up when you say you are seeking the SMC M award or higher-

still they know that the VA will deduct what you get now from any retro award-

If I were you I would do it myself- as long as you have medical evidence of higher award level- you dont need a lawyer-

that should be the case for any one here-

should be- but it often isnt-

20 lawyers told me I didnt have a case Gary-

I won my FTCA case by myself-

I called some of them up and told them how much money they lost.

After that every time I walked into the Steuben COunty Court House Law library-the lawyers in there treated me with plenty of respect-this all involved the VAMC minutes from the court house so it spread like wildfire when I won-

and of course countless vets contacted me feeling they too were malpracticed on-at this same hospital-

I got the first vet (a friend of my husbands-who didnt even understand the Section 1151 claim I prepared for him-) 100% and SMC under 1151 in 4 months- and sent the rest of these vets to my POA who is right on the Bath VA grounds.

The SMC regs are intricate and I also suggest that you obtain a copy of the VBM- only a few pages might help you-it costs 130 bucks with S/H advocates rate-but the SMC stuff helped me figure out how high the level of SMC was due my husband in his lifetime- never awarded-for my CUE claims.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.