VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosis

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

In what way do you mean?

As far as who gives the dx? I'm sure they like to see it from a qualified Dr (well crap....that eliminates most of the VA docs now doesn't it.......................sorry; couldn't resist)

I'm not sure I understand your question.

In what way do you mean?

As far as who gives the dx? I'm sure they like to see it from a qualified Dr (well crap....that eliminates most of the VA docs now doesn't it.......................sorry; couldn't resist)

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Is it a doctor or licensed medical professional stating you have a condition or does it have to be labeled as a diagnosis.

By "licensed medical professional" are you referring to alternative medical pratitioners?

And I think that when a doc says you have xxx that is usually taken as a dx. I'm not sure if they actually have to say "My dx is xxx." in those words; but I'm sure it would help. The clearer the better when the VA is concerned.

By "licensed medical professional" are you referring to alternative medical pratitioners?

And I think that when a doc says you have xxx that is usually taken as a dx. I'm not sure if they actually have to say "My dx is xxx." in those words; but I'm sure it would help. The clearer the better when the VA is concerned.

One statement is from a a C%P exam done by a Physician assistant. The statement was under the physical examination heading not under the diagnosis heading. In the statement he discusses an increase in pain upon palpation of my iliotibial bands which are nerve related. I did not receive compensation for any nerve related disorders, but I prolly should have.

Would this be a diagnosis?

Happy Trails

There could be many variables. (what part of the body are we talking about?) The PA should have asked you ?'s about this and depending on your answers as well. Also, if you've received treatment since exiting the service for this condition, has it negatively affected your lifestyle, is the pain worse than it was when it was first dx, etc.

What was your initial rating for this specific condition? What rating were you hoping to get? With the VA if you want X you have to come right out and ask for X and then prove to them why you should get X. Don't let them decide what to give you...tell them what you deserve and why.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is a symptom, not a diagnosis. My records were littered with statements about positive Laseague's sign, and positive straight leg raise, and pain radiating down legs to feet, etc. The actual diagnosis of sciatica was nowhere in my records, or any C&P's however, and that's what the VARO used to deny my claim. I went back to my PCP and asked him to sign a nexus letter, which gives the diagnosis in writing. Not only did he do that, but the even pissed him off at my VARO so much that he also put the diagnosis in my progress notes with the statement, "I feel this condition alone renders the patient unable to maintain gainful employment."