Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attention All Hadit Members

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Due to the present state of the VA regional offices and the ShredderGate issue. I advise each and every one of you to strongly heed Pete53's advice and request a copy of the C File.

It does not matter if your claim is decided and your on cruise control or a Newbie starting out.

Get a Copy.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a little bit of info. My, atty requested my c-file, using the FOIA, I believe with a NOD, stating that we disagree with the rating I was given as well as other issues. Instead of release of information form 3288. That I sent in 7 mos., ago, as well a NOD for increase in rating, DRO hearing. My atty., says it normally takes 45 to 60 days, to get the c-file using the FOIA, rather than standard request, that can take forever. I decide to let him do this, even though it could delay my DRO hearing, but I think it will be woth it to be better prepared. Hope this is not to convoluted and will help a vet.

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

I recommend that any veteran or even military person get a copy of their records. I keep mine in my office at home....and I review them to make sure that everything in them is correct. For those who are looking to support your claim you can contact the FOIA Officer on your former base for information to back your claim for any service connected issue....to prove and event happened or of your participation....

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

I don't have a copy of my C file....and right now I don't plan on getting one. Why? I don't want to give the VA any reason to go poking around in my file and say "Hey, we haven't messed up her life in the past few years, she's asking for something so let's screw with her now!" I'm one of those on "cruise control" as was mentioned in an earlier post.

• HadIt.com Elder
John,

How do you get a copy? Can you write a letter to your R. O via the

internet.

What do you ask for?

thanks,

Betty

Fill this out and send it along with a letter requesting the Claims folder copy.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/VA3288.pdf

John

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Pete and Jbasser,

Would you advise requesting your C-File while one has an active claim or appeal? I have been reluctant to request mine because I don't want things screwed up anymore than they are now.

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

Ron,

If you don't have a copy of your C-File, your fighting your claim completely blind.

Do not trust your NSO to get it for you or know whats in it.

Do not trust any level of the DVA to tell the truth as to whats in it or whats been reviewed.

It may delay your claim, but if it's sitting collecting dust and you know it's not going to get rated anytime soon, you better get a copy and pray they havnt run most of it through the shreader.

Heaven help those that do not get a copy of their military records before they get out.

Skunk,

it could take 30 to 60 days at the VARO level before you get a copy. I requested it while it was on remand from the BVA and I think it only took a few weeks.

I've had it sit at the AMC nealy 2 yrs before anyone glanced at it.

Get your records or sit back & find and empty folder one of these days.

What ever ignorant fines they want to impose on a funded VARO will change nothing. If it doesn't come out of their personal paychecks/bonuses, than the facility pays for their protection to perform criminal acts against us.

Nothing will change unless a federal prosucuter files criminal charges & puts their butts in jail.

Allan