VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contacting Va Personnel At Any Level

Rate this question

purple

Question

Greetings fellow vets...

Most of you may already know this, but I find the best way to contact any VA person at any level is via e-mail. All of their e-mail addresses are the same. Firstname.Lastname@va.gov If the person you are corresponding with has a common name you might want to double check.

I wanted to re-inforce this topic because this came in very handy for me this past week. Long story short I was able to prove to a VA official in Washington (head of women's veterans affairs) that the women's veterans coordinator at the Dayton VAMC had lied to me on more than one occassion about an important topic--all because I had the e-mail chain.

I've even e-mailed my doc's. To have proof of conversations in writing is, well.....priceless.

When any of them use the excuse that they don't have time, or the system isn't "secure" to use e-mail, I bring up the fact that the head of the entire women's veterans program in Washington DC feels free to e-mail me and if it's good enough for her.....well....

Just a thought.......hope it helps.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have found that some use a numeral also. so unless you know that it may not arrive to the sender you want it to go to.

Also I have found that psych Dr's don't respond to emails as a confidentiality thing. At least 3 of them have verbally told me so.

I do appreciate any help from fellow vets though.

Greetings fellow vets...

Most of you may already know this, but I find the best way to contact any VA person at any level is via e-mail. All of their e-mail addresses are the same. Firstname.Lastname@va.gov If the person you are corresponding with has a common name you might want to double check.

I wanted to re-inforce this topic because this came in very handy for me this past week. Long story short I was able to prove to a VA official in Washington (head of women's veterans affairs) that the women's veterans coordinator at the Dayton VAMC had lied to me on more than one occassion about an important topic--all because I had the e-mail chain.

I've even e-mailed my doc's. To have proof of conversations in writing is, well.....priceless.

When any of them use the excuse that they don't have time, or the system isn't "secure" to use e-mail, I bring up the fact that the head of the entire women's veterans program in Washington DC feels free to e-mail me and if it's good enough for her.....well....

Just a thought.......hope it helps.

you can try their name with a period after first name and add @va.med.gov

I got email from former Secretary Principi by using Anthony.Principi@va.gov

Some have the med.va.gov and others just have va.gov