VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help

Rate this question

grent

Question

Hi.

My raring decision is in AFTER 3 YEARS OF FIGHTING TO!!! i got two huge brown envelopes one from the dav and one from the VA.

Currently I am tdiu. WELL WAS ON TDIU The Va lost my medical records those lost records were located at NPRC.

I'll just include the top sentence from the DAV the VA decision is to long. I applied for SMC LOOKS LIKE that was denied.

I dont know what will happen to the tdiu, so heres what the DAV letter says:

The disabled American Veterans (DAV) has reveiwed the most recent VA decision concerning your claim for benefits.

A combined evaluation of 100 percent has been assigned as a result of the following actions THEN LIST ALL OF NEW RATABLE DECISIONS MY VIET NAM FRIEND TOLD ME NOT TO LIST THAT INFO SINCE THE VA WOULD KNOW WHO I AM ON THE CPU?

then it lists all me new ratable issues on top of my tdiu

I wont list them because the VA would know whose making this post and i have a lot of other issues to deal with them.

I called my viet nam vet friend he told me congradulations your now a schedular 100 and you can go to work AND REAPPLY TO VOC REHAB VOC REHAB CANT REDUCE YOU BECAUSE YOUR SCHED 100 NOT TDIU THEN HE SAID OH RAH SEMPER FI OUTSTANDING .

I talked to the DAV and they told me if i want i can re-apply to voc rehab and earn a masters degree or go to law school I COULD DO THAT TO the dav told me also i'm a schedular 100 to and i can keep the 2 500 per month and go back to work

also they included va form 21-22 and VAFORM 28-1905 VA pamphelet chapter 35 title 38 something called Dependents

Educational Assistance Program DEA WHATS ALL THIS STUFF

Also the DAV said they will help ME and continue to use the left over ratable decisions from this decision to get my smc

even if i am and choose to go back to voc rehab to get a grad degree HUM MY VIET NAM FRIEND SAID YES TO

They said voc rehab may try to get my comp reduced but that they cannot do that because i am no longer on tdiu i am a schedular 100 MY VIET NAM FRIEND SAID YES TO THIS TO THEN MY VIET NAM FRIEND YELLED IN THE PHONE CONGRADULATIONS OH RAH SEMPER FI LIVE OR DIE

The VA decision has 25 pages of stuff it says your overall combined rating is 100% your compensation payment will continue unchanged.

My vietnam friend told me to appeal the smc get a masters degree and apply for a federal job under sec 405 of rehabilitation act the DAV told me the same thing they said smc is not awarded at VARO level but won on appeal THATS WHAT THEY CALL

SOP STAN OP PROCEUDRE FOR SMC

the decision does not say permanent and total but my old tdiu decision says no more exams scheduled because we found you to be permanent and totaly disabled??? WHATS GOING ON HERE

My viet nam friend told me i am elgible for property tax reduction and in some states i may not have to pay any property

tax at all.

Further my viet nam friend lives in a foreign country he asked me not to name that country and he said that the country he lives in honors his va letter and he does not pay property tax their and he gets some benefits cash assistance from that country on top of his smc FROM AMERICAN VA as well.

Can some body help me with my new rating decision and what i do next the DAV has given 2 weeks to make up my mind

should i go with a dro hearing or whats the other kind of appeal

DAV TOLD ME GO HOME READ ALL THE PAPER WORK FOR A WEEK OR TWO BUT CALL US 2 WEEKS SINCE THIS APPEAL IF I APPEAL IS TIME SENSATIVE DAV URGED ME TO APPEAL SMC DENIAL??? SHOULD I??? WILL I WIN WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE

IF I DONT GO WITH A DRO HELP ME HAD IT WHAT DO I DO WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????

PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO MY VIET NAM FRIEND LIVES IN A PLACE WHERE HE CAN ONLY BE REACHED

IN CERTAIN SPOTS DURING THE MONTH

MY VIETNAM FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT A BOOK CALLED SOLDIERS GUIDE TO PTSD HE KEEPS TELLING ME TO RE READ THAT

BOOK I GOT IT BARNES AND NOBLE 20 BUCKS NICE BOOK VERY INFORMATIVE

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE THX

GLAD ITS OVER AND I GUESS I HOPE HAVE LEFT THAT MISERABLE ERA OF TDIU AND THE YEARLY MISERABLE NO WORK FORMS BEHIND ME

I DONT HAVE TO FILL OUT THOSE YA KNOW I DIDNT WORK AT ALL THIS YEAR FORMS

DO I STILL HAVE TO GO TO MY DOCTORS??? WHAT IF MOVE I MOVE TO FOREIGN COUNTRY WHERE MY VIET NAM FRIEND LIVES THEN WHAT HAPPENS

MY VIET NAM FRIEND TELLS ME I HAVE TO APPLY FOR THAT IN VA COLORADO BUT HE SAID IF I MOVE WHERE HE IS HE WILL GET ME PLUGGED IN HE CAN HELP ME DROP OUT OF SOCIETY FOR GOOD SO IM JUST THINKING HERE I GOT NO WIFE KIDS OR FAMILY NEVER BEEN MARRIED

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If they made an award of Chapter 35 to your dependents in the decision-that means you are P & T.

the included a blue pamplet titled dependents educational assistance program dea so i gues thats it

i dont want kids never been married so that does not apply to me i dont care for kids or marriage

im glad my rating is in finally 100 % sched no more tdiu thank god

take care grent

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe you are permanent and total since you receive the pamplet.

DID the letter say no future exams were to be scheduled?

That is often the kicker for P and T.

Congrats on the win.

J

One other thing you did not say what the 100% was for. If it is for anything Mental you can't work and keep the 100%. Also you should apply for Social Security Disability if you have not already

i got social security first many years ago with a free lawyer from legal assist then i used the ssc decision to win my tdiu claim since it was based on my injury from the military

SSC HEARING WAS KIND OF FUNNY BUT I WAS NOT LAUGHING AT THAT HEARING I WAS SCARED SHITLESS!!

THE SOCIAL SECURITY JUDGE GOT MAD AT THE VA DOCTORS MEDICAL RECORDS HE STARTED SAYING YELLING INTO THE MIKE

ONE DOCTOR

SAYS THIS ONE GUY SAYS THAT NURSE SAYS SHE NOT SURE ANOTHER DOCTOR WRITES DOWN FOURTH VISIT AND YET STILL CANNOT DETERMINE THE EXTENT OF YOUR HEAD TRAUMA THE JUDGE YELLS AT MY LAWYER VERY LOUD LOUD VOICE I CAN TELL FROM X RAYS WHAT THE VETERAN YOUR CLIENT HAS A BROKEN SKULL AND MISSING BRAIN TISSUE

NOW THE JUDGE STARTS READING MORE VA HOSPITAL REPORTS AND NOW HES IS TOTALLY REALLY PISSED OFF OH MY GOD IM GOING TO LOOSE MY SSC CLAIM I M SAYING TO MYSELF IM SCARED HERE FREEKIN OUT JUDGE STARTS READING ALOUD

HERES ANOTHER NOTE FROM A MRS T NURSE PRACTIONER SHE WANTS TO CHANGE MEDS ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THAT AT I THOUGHT DOCTORS WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO DO THAT HUM MUST BE NEW KINDA NURSES AT VA HOSPITAL

MIND YOU THIS IS A FEDERAL SSC HEARING

FINALLY THE JUDGE SAYS IM GOING TO ADD UPP ALL THESE PAPERS AND WHICH EVER MEDICAL PROBLEM HAS THE MOST PAGES FROM THESE AWFULL HORRIBLE VA QUACK DOCTORS AT THE VA HOSPITAL THATS WHAT YOUR GETTING FOR MY APPROVAL OF THIS POOR MEDICAL REPORTING AND YOUR MILITARY INJURIES THIS IS DISGRACEFULL THATS WHAT THE JUDGE SAID AT MY SSC HEARING

JUDGE STARTS YELLING AGAIN

YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WRITTEN DECISION FROM THIS HEARING YOUR CLAIM FOR SSI THEN SSD IS APPROVED

BAM MY LAWYER LOOKS AT ME TELLS ME DONT SAY THING GET UP WHEN THE JUDGE LEAVES THE COURT ROOM AND WALK OUT

AND THAT WAS MY SSC HEARING YEAR LATER I GOT TDIU

well man theirs only one way i can go now i guess thats to nod or dro the smc dav tells me eventually i will get smc but what OF SMC I WILL LAND ON DAV they dont know

im gonna try for a masters degree and maybe work for the fed dav tells me i can roll my military time to get a pension from them

and still keep my va dough on top

my viet nam friend tells me to get something called a satellite phone that way the fed cant bug you??

TAKE CARE GRENT GLAD THIS HURDLE OF MY LIFE IS FINALLY OVER

THANKS TO ALL AT HAD IT .COM BE WELL GRENT

I believe you are permanent and total since you receive the pamplet.

DID the letter say no future exams were to be scheduled?

That is often the kicker for P and T.

Congrats on the win.

J

NO ILL GO BACK AND READ THE DECISION THE DAV SAID IM P AND T 100 PLUS THEIRS A BLUE PAMPHELIT

TITLED DEPENDEMTS EDUCATION ASSIST CHAP 35 I DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS

• HadIt.com Elder

Disabled Vets dependants get champ VA. Unless you are a retiree from service, disabled vets can not get tricare. We have to use the VA if we have no other insurance. My wife and son have champ va as a secondary insurance to anthem and they dont pay any co pays. MD and pharmacy.

We do get medicare if approved for SSDI ( 2 year waiting time).

J