Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating In 100% Good Ridance Tdiu

Rate this topic

grent

My rating is i have been awarded 100% schedular no more tdiu have you worked at all this year forms according to dav i can go to work and keep my 2 500

dav told me to look at job with fed gov if they dont hire me they can be sued under sec 405 rehab act

and vets with disablities act i let ya know about voc rehab and a masters degree i have a bs degree already

thanks to all had it and the encouraging words it gave me hope after fighting 3 years with va

You mention MBA and my friend has one but cannot work due to him being 100% P+T. 80% schedular and 20% IU.... He also has a college tuition of $60k....Can he get his tuition of $60k removed because he is not able to work and cannot...? ? ? ? He is a kind and good person and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS- Go into USAJOBS, click on the 10 point vet preference tab. They want to make us feel special. How? By providing a " search engine " for jobs. Wippie Doo

I agree with you in most of your post...I thought some can change the system but it may take several lifetimes....Changeing an already in place faulted way of hiring will probably not change regardless of who is in the big seat.....

USA Jobs had a 5 basic FEMA jobs open and I applied. However, I was not selected. My qualifications are many and I know the evaluation board saw my qualificaitons they meant nothing. I guess my 8 FEMA courses did not count....Also, I do understand that the govt. did remove several positions and those holding them down were floating...They do get 1st priority but how does a Fed. agency put someone in the job as important as FEMA when the people have no experience and require the basic of training....Oh well....The govt. kinda thinks on a buddy system for their rating boards....

If I could now work I would still use the USA Jobs and submit lots of apps.. for the jobs I believe I can qualify....The 10% did not help me....But I think it should have but i am not angry anymore cause things will not change in the big house....There will always be a lot of "red tape" aand it helps if you know how to navigate through the mess.....

It is not set in stone that a Veteran is guaranteed a job with the FED. OPM has Veteran guidelines that give Veterans preference but the agency still can select whoever they want.

I have seen Vets passed over for the Buddy system. ( Someones child or relationhips)

You can complain to the cows come home but in the end they do what they want.

Concerning degrees, A lot of folks have degrees on this site. We have some with Masters, one graduated in 07 from American Military University.

I am happy we have this diverse group of educated folks to assist the membership in the claims process. We can see it in the way they present their replies on this board. Some members are very well spoken and their literary skills are superb.

Keep up the good work and may the success stories forum be overloaded with heartwarming tales of lives being enhanced and the daily pain and suffering be eased, and to allow us to cherish the victory.

J

jbasser'

I tried to get a Job at the Elizebeth City coast Guard base NC in civial service the job was in Aircraft mainteance. Had my 10 point perfence had 24 years experince and a degree plus a Federal licenise as a Aircraft and Powerplant mech. The job did not require a A+P mech licenise and a lost the job to a non vet who never worked aircraft in his life. How did it happen? The good old boy network the can all KISS my A** He was a car mechanic

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience has been that most federal agencies will go out of there way to hire non-vets and in my opinion the US Department of State is the biggest offender. It is the good-ole-boy net-work that lands people the vast majority of the federal jobs. The 10 point preference can be (will be) circumnavigated, the out-standing scholar program has been the most particularity damaging effort to hiring of veterans by the federal government.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use